Author Topic: Shavette, anyone?  (Read 7669 times)

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Shavette, anyone?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 09:41:23 PM »

Also, Brian, I have been taking a look at the Feather Artist Club SS models. I know myself, and if I become enamored with the straight style of shaving it probably won't be long before I will be looking for an upgrade. So, in regards to the Feather ACs, would you recommend the folding type, or the non-folding Japanese style. I sure do like the look of the Japanese style Feather, and it almost seems like they would be easier to manipulate, without the scales. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter.

That's all a matter of opinion.  Personally, I prefer the folding types.  I thought the Japanese style would be easier to manoeuvre, but I fact I found the folding models to be easier.

Offline DanJMag

• Sly Jr.
  • Balding sucks. Drop the 'ing' and be beautiful.
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 05:55:10 AM »
First full shavette shave this morning. Pretty good. No blood. I wouldn't say BBS, but pretty smooth. Still awkward in some areas, particularly in the curve of the jaw line, South to North, but for only a second attempt, I'm satisfied.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 04:23:51 PM »

First full shavette shave this morning. Pretty good. No blood. I wouldn't say BBS, but pretty smooth. Still awkward in some areas, particularly in the curve of the jaw line, South to North, but for only a second attempt, I'm satisfied.

One thing that helps with the jaw line, whether with DE or whatever kind of razor, is to open your mouth really wide. Then the jawline skin is moved up where it's easier to shave.