Author Topic: How Should We Promote Sly Bald Guys?  (Read 87505 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
How Should We Promote Sly Bald Guys?
« on: August 08, 2006, 12:02:39 AM »
WE ARE TRYING TO PUT TOGETHER A CONVENTION OF SORTS. I AM TRYING TO GET SOME INPUT ON WHERE YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO GO SO WE CAN LOOK INTO OUR OPTIONS FOR A VENUE. WE ARE SHOOTING FOR MAYBE LATE SUMMER. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD SUGGESTIONS IF YOU WANT TO. THERE WILL BE ANOTHER POLL TO SEE HOW INTERESTED EVERYONE IS IN GOING. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP/SUPPORT.  PAUL
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 05:46:30 PM by pburke »

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Re: How Should We Promote Sly Bald Guys?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 12:41:11 AM »
Registering your site in all the major search engines is always a good idea.
I also liked the fact that you put in all the important meta tags in your html source file - that'll help search engines find the site.

There are other ways and means of improving search engine results (through referals on other sites, for instance - you'll have to look
into that).

You can also try a variety of forums around the world. Just post a message on them referring to your site. That will also generate more
traffic and visitors to your site.

You can use search engines to find related sites and ask their webmasters to include you in their links page.

By the way, the wikipedia link was a great idea. That's how I found this site. Work along these lines to generate more site traffice and visitors...

Good luck. :)

Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 12:57:34 AM »
Great ideas fellas. I added a Banner on my MySpace site too. May get a few more...   ;)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline seanc7nyc

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 11:30:21 PM »
I'm going to email Tony from baldrus.com.

If you don't know the site, it's a great site but they have no message board.  There used to be one, but it got attacked with spam by people from the hair replacement industry(no, I'm not kidding).

Hopefully he can point people in the direction of this forum...

Offline seanc7nyc

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 11:40:36 PM »
Email sent.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 03:27:11 PM »
Thx Sean and welcome to our lil corner of the web.    :)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 10:31:45 PM »
seanc7nyc,

Thanks for sending that email to Tony!  I had already emailed him to let him know of the site, but I didn't ask him to point people here.  I know he likes the site, so hopefully he'll take to your suggestion.

Thanks again man!  You're immediate involvement on the boards is awesome!

Tyler

I'm going to email Tony from baldrus.com.

If you don't know the site, it's a great site but they have no message board.  There used to be one, but it got attacked with spam by people from the hair replacement industry(no, I'm not kidding).

Hopefully he can point people in the direction of this forum...
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline seanc7nyc

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 11:37:30 PM »
Hell yeah!...

Let's get some more peeps on here...

You guys rock!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 11:40:37 PM »
I just posted another topic here: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=156.from1160285506;topicseen#msg682 on a way you can promote Sly Bald Guys.  Check it out!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 06:48:48 PM »
Another way you can help promote Sly Bald Guys...

Bookmark SlyBaldGuys.com on sites like del.icio.us, furl, StumbleUpon.com, blinklist, spurl, etc.  You can do this pretty easy by clicking on this link: Social Bookmark This Page
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 07:07:50 PM by Tyler »

Offline robert

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Running in the Halls
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 09:26:05 PM »
t-shirts (hopefully in the works?), put a  free (or cheap) ad on as many sites with "Project Wonderful" advertising as you can... while it's still new there's probably a lot of free spaces to bid on (make a button for my site Tyler... you can advertise for free).

Aaaaannnnd, sharp looking car stickers!  You're a mobile billboard even if they're small and tasteful rather than those huge awful ones.  I've ordered really nice small stickers from this site:

http://www.websticker.com/smallruns.htm

no order too small!

:)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 09:36:08 PM »
Thanks Robert!  I'll look into these tonight when I get back from the gym...better go now or I'll never leave.

T-shirts are in the works!  I'm calling them tomorrow to ask a few questions and then get my order going.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 11:11:28 AM »
hey tyler, i tell everyone i run into about this site. maybe some of them will join. have a few bald friends. gotta push them to be sly, right.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »
Thanks Paul!! 

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 01:22:43 PM »
 :)Ahoy, Tyler: RE promoting SBG, try to link up with pop television programs that feature baldies [e.g.  Deal/No Deal, the Dr. Keith Ablow Show, WWE and similar pro wrestling venues, military and police programs]. Advertise in collegiate and alumni publications   that are read by young men just experiencing the onset of balding and who are desperate for advice based on living and for community. Get to them before the HCM and Bosley do. This would herald a bright future for SBG and would spare them scarring transplant procedures, squandering of money, and loss of self-esteem. It would counter the media- and greed -driven aesthetic kept in place by Hollywood and the hair "restoration" industry. Seek the endorsement of famous baldies; perhaps feature a celebrity spot in the forum. This is going to mean a lot of work for you, but it's a cause, and a praiseworthy one at that. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Enter your email address: