Author Topic: Edit: Well I finally shaved it today  (Read 29600 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: I need opinon on my head shape :(
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 05:38:56 AM »
Welcome. Please stick around and make yourself comfortable. 

The 30 day rule is as much for you as it is for the family.

The stubble style requires frequent trims.  When my hair was that short (by choice), I'd run the clippers daily.  Just to be sure that it looked the same every day.  I'd go quickly over it.  If I missed a spot on any given day, it really would not show. And catching the buzz daily, did two things:

1. It always looked the same.

2. Got me in the habit of trimming my hair daily.  Now two years plus later, I still do hair daily, just that I use a headblade razor.

Enjoy the stubble buzz.  When you are ready, break out the razor. I was not sure that I'd like the completely shaved look/feel, but once I applied the razor I've never gone back to stubble.  The shaved feel is so nice. I look forward to a quick head shave every morning.  Why did I wait so long?

Your head shape looks very normal.  If it looks non-normal to anyone, it's just that it used to be covered with hair and they could not see the shape.

This is the real you.

Offline Sath

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 06:11:53 AM »
I dont trim my hair everyday, its a chore.
Since its stubble (or buzzcut if i decide to choose that) if it passes like 2 days its okay, barely noticeable.

But I did notice on 3rd day when i trimmed it i was cutting very very short hair then i knew it grew longer than before, i could even feel it when I touched my hair back and forth it was longer.
On the 3rd day, thats when it gets slightly longer than its trim day, i got fast hair growth so thankfully if i decide to go buzzcut i wont touch the hair for a few weeks lol.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 08:30:31 AM »
Head shape concern is often the first question from guys contemplating buzzing or going sly.  It is never really an issue.  All heads are slightly different shapped and we all think our own shape is odd.  It is a matter of the 30 day rule and becomming comfortable with seeing your head shape in the mirror.
SlyBeard

Offline Steeltoe

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 09:31:25 AM »
Heads come in a lot of shapes, and yours looks normal to me. I've got a thick neck and I have worried that with no hair I look like Dan Aykroyd in Coneheads. I let it go.

Geez! Family members saying things like "I don't like that look on you" after you're deep into adulthood!  I guess that to a parent, a child is always a child, even when the child is 28 or 40 or 60. And for some parents, I guess that still includes trying to control your appearance.

Offline Sath

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 09:38:09 AM »
My main concern is only the back of my head, especially the lower part of my head with the weird bone sticking out and its bumps  :-[

That part, as i said, profile shot is the only angle that i cant get over with, but straight ahead i love the look no issue.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:09:24 AM by Sath »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 09:52:53 AM »
It's really a common shape, I have seen it many times.  Don't stress over it.
SlyBeard

Offline Sath

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 10:19:10 AM »
I have never seen it personally, and believe me...i looked lol

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 11:05:28 AM »
You look great with very short buzz.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »
Welcome, Sath!

My opinion is this:

I like the look with stubble better.  The less hair on your head makes the contrast with your beard look stronger.. and more bad-ass.   If you shave your head, this contrast will even be stronger. 

Also, I really believe that a shaved head actually does more to hide head shape than short hair does.  Short hair and stubble seem to show up darker in certain areas and outline the shape more.  When a head is completely shaved, it seems to blend in more. 

You could shave it weekly and let the stubble grow back during the week.  This may be the best of both worlds for you.  I shave mine every three days or so. 

As you said, your hair grows quickly, so what do you have to lose if you try it?

O0

Offline Sath

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 12:20:19 PM »
Both buzzcut and stubble definitely makes the beard stand out more, clean shave well, even more.
But at this point in my life, i dont want to shave my head since i prefer stubble pattern than clean shaven, maybe when i am much more with much less hair  or something.

For me it took enough effort to let it be this short as it is, clean shave is just too much for me.
And yes i do see your point that clean shaven might remove those small details because it adds a black outline.

But yeah, completely shaven is not going to happen anytime soon, i mean i am even debating if i should keep the stubble or let it grow into buzzcut instead, not shorter lol

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »
Everyone is different and you cannot change the shape of your head. For all of us here it looks very normal. We all dont like some part of our bodies and i would say to enjoy what you have done and be bald(ish) and be proud!

Offline Sath

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »
I mean if you guys think its fine and nothing "bad" about the back of my head shape or overal look and the look fit me, then i guess its my stupid eyes/mentality that doesnt want to accept it (yet).

I guess because its such a drastic change going from hair to practically nothing takes time.

Though i wont lie, ever since i done this and NOT thinking of the small issue, i feel more energized, more confident, more "tougher" to hold my own, compared to before with hair.

Its weird since i been reading people lose confidence when going bald/ish i actually gain from it lol

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »
That's right Sath!  I think that you; "Boke the code!"  But don't give out our secret!

(P.S.  I think that SlyMike is also correct that if you shaved your head smooth that tiny little bump on the back of your head could not even be seen.)

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014, 03:53:08 PM »
Really Sath, I am looking at that area of your head you circled and I don't see anything abnormal at all. Had you not circled, I probably wouldn't have even looked there.  I'm glad you are gaining more confidence!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 06:36:57 PM »
My main concern is only the back of my head, especially the lower part of my head with the weird bone sticking out and its bumps  :-[

That part, as i said, profile shot is the only angle that i cant get over with, but straight ahead i love the look no issue.

Not so unusual, look at my head shape  ;) O0

Enter your email address: