Author Topic: been working on a sleeve  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: been working on a sleeve
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 07:00:20 PM »
Awesome work, Steeltoe!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 10:31:11 PM »
wow Steeltoe!  Aren't you afraid of running out of room?  Ha Ha.  But seriously, very nice work!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »
Well, another disappointment!  I tore my Bicep tendon two weeks ago.  Saw the surgeon on Wednesday, he says that I also re-tore my rotator cuff.  My arm is very weak, and looks very strange.  There is a kind of "golf ball" sized lump where the bicep has fallen just above the elbow and the top half of the arm is very skinny with a big "dent" in it.

The good news is that he says he can fix it.  The other part of the good news is that it is not going to ruin all of my summer plans, (Airventure at Oshkosh, Bike Week at Sturgis, Burning Man in Nevada).  His first available appointment for surgery is September 26.

The down side, (other than the long and painful recovery) is that the half sleeve I had planned to start this week will have to wait at least 9 months.  Since we don't know what shape the upper arm will have after the surgery, and we don't know where the scars will be, it makes no sense to do the tattoo before the surgery!

I was really psyched up for the new tattoo!

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 11:14:46 PM »
If it was going to happen, its good it didn't happen straight after you got the sleeve done
But crap it has happened at all..
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Enter your email address: