Author Topic: DE arrived!!  (Read 13843 times)

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: DE arrived!!
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2014, 11:43:44 PM »
Well, originally i dismissed the slant. Not tried it since but shaved with the EJ today and i think that the slant gives a closer cut! So, keeping it and going to give it another shot!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2014, 03:29:06 PM »
I have been wet shaving since February and I am definitely a convert. I have been using my EJ89 religiously and love it. I finally bought a new razor - it came today. Instead of reading around SBGs to see what is good, I bought this razor from Amazon on a whim. I never heard of the brand before, but it looked beautiful in the photo and looked different from the EJ.

Anyone hear of or have a Pearl SBF 11? It's made in India. The price was right ($29) and it came with a pack of Super Max super platinum Tiger blades. The razor got only a few reviews on Amazon but all were good.

I know I should have come here for advice; hopefully I haven't wasted my money!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 01:42:05 AM »
I have been wet shaving since February and I am definitely a convert. I have been using my EJ89 religiously and love it. I finally bought a new razor - it came today. Instead of reading around SBGs to see what is good, I bought this razor from Amazon on a whim. I never heard of the brand before, but it looked beautiful in the photo and looked different from the EJ.

Anyone hear of or have a Pearl SBF 11? It's made in India. The price was right ($29) and it came with a pack of Super Max super platinum Tiger blades. The razor got only a few reviews on Amazon but all were good.

I know I should have come here for advice; hopefully I haven't wasted my money!

Let us have your review. What do you think of it?

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2014, 05:27:59 PM »
Had my first face and head shave with the Pearl SBF 11 this evening. I'm a guy who is attracted by aesthetics and this is one nice looking razor. I've got nothing to compare it to except my EJ89. The weight is about the same. The handle on the Pearl is longer which I like and there is significantly more blade exposed than on the EJ. Is that what is meant by the term "aggressive?" The razor came with the Super Max platinum Tiger blades and so I used one of those.

The end result was a very nice, very close shave - just as good or better than what I typically get from the EJ89. Not sure if the great shave resulted from the razor, the blade or both. I'll have to try this blade in the EJ. I was a little nervous with the amount of blade exposed, but in the end, no nicks or cuts.

So a good purchase. Now I have two safety razors. This may be the start of something.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
Had some good results with the 37c this last couple of shaves.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
Hi Mike:  Congrats on your SBF 11.  Kindly post up some pics and participate in the SOTD thread.  Glad that you are liking the SBF 11.  I never heard of that one.  Looking forward to seeing pics of of it. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2014, 01:03:03 PM »
Had some good results with the 37c this last couple of shaves.
@Goatee:  Glad that you were patient with the 37c.  Kindly post in the SOTD thread.  We would love to see it. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2014, 01:05:04 PM »
Hi Mel,

I am terrible with photos but I'll try to get my daughter to do it for me.  This was my "on a budget purchase." I haven't posted in SOTD because I pretty much had one razor and one brush - kind of boring.  I am hoping to learn more and branch out a bit.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2014, 01:12:43 PM »
Hi Mike:  That's good.  Not boring at all, there is nothing wrong with being consistent.  The EJ89L is never boring IMO.  One thing about posting pics here on SBG is that it is challenging (because of the size limit)  however; if you have Tapatalk, it is very easy to post pics.  I'm sure your daughter will be able to do it.  I just got lucky.
However; you got me intrigued about the SBF 11. O0

WARHAWK O0