Author Topic: Does everyone really look good totally bald?  (Read 18672 times)

Offline philp

• Sly
    • Young Hair Loss
Re: Does everyone really look good totally bald?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 05:29:29 AM »
Here is the thing about "ugly." The best you can do is to say that a majority of people find someone ugly. Even that you may not be able to figure it out, but ok, it's easy to understand what you are getting at. I once knew a girl that was obsessed with steve buscemi. He seems like the prototypical weird looking dude, right? She was in love with him. The more important question here is not "does everyone really look good totally bald?" - because the answer varies by person - but "how can you make a look work for you" How can you impose yourself on a look rather than the other way around? And the answer lies in self-confidence, the way you carry yourself, the presence you have. If you have that, someone may think you are ugly on some conscious level, but at the same time, they find themselves drawn to you.

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »
I probably dont look good to others i mean i was bullied and called all sorts when i had hair so i wouldnt be surprised if peeps dont like the bald look on me...but i like the look and dont care what others think and thats what all what should matter some may say im in denial etc but whatever let them think that whatever makes them happy thats what i say.
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline dlab

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 02:43:59 AM »
you need to have a decently shaped head...proper proportions..

Offline ksshane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 09:00:49 AM »
If it makes you feel more confident in life.   You look good to me.

Just my opinion.

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 11:31:19 AM »
I agree with Ksshane. It's not about whether other people think it makes you look ugly either. It's all about what you like and what makes you happy and confident.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 11:42:19 AM »
I agree with Ksshane. It's not about whether other people think it makes you look ugly either. It's all about what you like and what makes you happy and confident.

Exactly.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 12:21:59 PM »
I don't think there is any specific proportion or head shape that is required to be sly. If you feel good being sly, you'll look good being sly.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 02:30:16 PM »
Most men I have noticed who are sly look a darn sight better than a lot of thinning hair and as for a combover a bald head is a standout winner.  As others have said it is the confidence that shows through that is tbe real winner.
Roger

Offline Steeltoe

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 02:41:43 PM »
I like to think I have a good eye for the visual. I'm always noting to myself whether someone's clothes look good on them, or if a car has the right proportions, or if a piece of art was created by someone competent.  I look at some sly guys and I can clearly see they'd look better with hair.

But function trumps form. I have a sly friend with a big, U-shaped, Frankenstein scar on the side of his head where they cut out a chunk of skull for brain surgery. Even now that it's long healed, it's a little gruesome. Should he grow the hair back? He discovered that having no hair is more comfortable for sports, so he kept it. To hell with covering the scar.

I think on this site we encourage a guy -- a guy who's really unhappy with his MPB -- to try shaving or buzzing his head at least once, and to open himself up to a pleasant surprise about how he looks with it.  There's not a lot of risk. If he doesn't like it, it grows back pretty fast.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 11:19:20 AM »
You know, thinning hair is a millions times worse than a bald head! Bald is beautiful as we guys know!!

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2014, 08:38:41 PM »
Does everyone look really good with a full head of hair?                NO

Some people look better with out hair.
shine and share

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 04:23:19 AM »
I happen to prefer the sly look over plugs or drugs or rugs. You save a ton of money and frustration while shaving. Since I've been shaving my head for over tens years I've started to get a slowly receding hairline. Apologies if I'm too blunt but I'm going to say what I feel. You are a million times better of by using shaving cream and a razor on your scalp over going thru the heartbreak of how much money for the plugs rugs and drugs that don't work. I feel a million times better of since I've decided that I'm using shaving cream and a razor on my scalp.

Offline Hairtorm

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2014, 03:31:11 PM »
Pretty much everything has been said before.

I consider this things true at a 99% rate:

- A shaved head is more stylish than a balding one.
- Balding is a (slow) process, bald is a steady fact.
- A guy who shaves is head has move on with other more important aspects of life(if there were ever worries about the hair, ofc).
- Not everybody has the perfect head shape, but apart from exceptional cases, the looks suits fairly good.

I am in the process of having a shaved head, I have started with the shortest clip. Maybe my best look? Not really. The one who gives me less headaches? Probably yes.