Author Topic: How to stimulate facial hair growth  (Read 3561 times)

Offline GettingThere13

• Sly Jr.
How to stimulate facial hair growth
« on: March 31, 2014, 02:03:02 PM »
Ok, so I'll admit it - genetically, a big thick beard simply isn't in the cards, however I can still grow some decent scruff. You can't really see it in my picture (I trim it close so there's always just a little stubble, which is all I really want anyway).

Since my stubble is growing in very well in some areas, it's a little sparse in others (case and point... the right side of my face is about 3 months behind the left side. No idea why!)

How can I stimulate more hair to grow and start to fill it in? Many suggest just letting it grow - but since I don't want to let it go too crazy (I'd look REALLY bad), I'm keeping it trimmed to about 1/8", but not fully shaving it, so my face can breathe a little bit. I'm noticing every couple days, more hair shows up. But I'm a bit impatient, so how can I speed up the process? Any tips?

The goal here is to have a solid layer of stubble, that's all I really want. Don't need a huge beard.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How to stimulate facial hair growth
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »
You can't have a solid layer of stubble unless you have unusually good density.  Letting your beard grow a little longer can compensate for a lack of density. That's what most of us have to do.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »
There is no magic growth potion.  Beards take time to grow, and a stubble beard requires a dense growth pattern to look good.  Like Razor said, more length can help a less dense beard look better.  Beards also can mature rather slowly, so your density will likely improve over the years.  Mine matured and became more dense well into my 40's.
SlyBeard

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 05:00:53 PM »
Age.