Author Topic: Sharps Mission Control Bald Head Balm  (Read 3123 times)

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
Sharps Mission Control Bald Head Balm
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »
 So Naturally, I was interested in this, since it is a product specifically for us baldies....
     the tub is not all that big, though the design is very cool...didn't we all want to be astronauts when we were kids?
     anyhow, the product itself if very light and not at all greasy or watery. it seems to make my scalp smooth without being overly shiny, and best of all it has no scent and has an spf factor to it, which as we all know is important. though if you're going to be outside for more than a few minutes, I would recommend  a higher SPF... this is just for short exposures of sun.
     it is a bit pricey compared to, say HeadLube, which I also really like as a moisterizer.  Overall I give it 3 out of 4 stars.   

http://sharpsusa.stores.yahoo.net/baldbalm.html

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Sharps Mission Control Bald Head Balm
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 05:19:46 AM »
Thanks for the review hipster, will have to check this out.   
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 03:45:12 PM »
I'll post my review up here since Hipster already started a topic on the Bald Head Balm.

I recently received a package from Sharps asking me to review their Bald Head Balm and I jumped at the chance to.  As many of you know, I'm a big fan of sunscreen and products that have SPF.  I'm even a bigger fan of moisturizers that contain SPF.

The Bald Head Balm by Sharps is very light when applied to the skin.  I really liked that aspect of it.  It also provides a medium shine relative to other moisturizers that provide a glossy look.  And the best part, it has an SPF of 15!!  It's a bit pricey at $24, but it seems like one puck will last a long time. If you're interested in trying it out, Sharps has provided SBG with a 20% discount through Sept. 7th, 2007. 

Here are the details on the discount:

Valid Dates - August 7th, 2007 - September 7th, 2007

Valid On - Sharpsusa.com ONLY

Offer Code -  SlyBaldGuys2007

Disclaimer- 20% discount will be applied to the total order when a Mission: Control Bald Head Balm is purchased.  Each order must include a BHB.

Here's some more product info from Sharps:

Prevent sun damage while promoting an even-toned dome with this lightweight, fragrance-free baldy balm. Whether you’re losing it naturally or shaving it off by choice, you’ll boost chrome-dome envy far beyond unprotected helmet heads. Bald Head Balm treats and protects the skin where it’s closest to the sun with diacetyl boldine to fade age spots, balm mint extract to help soothe the skin and sodium hyaluronate to provide moisture.

HOW TO:
1.    Wash/Shave
2.   Smooth on an even layer
3.   Wait 20 minutes before sun exposure.
4.   Lift off!

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BigJimW

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 06:30:50 PM »
The simple fact that it has a picture of John Glenn in his Project Mercury garb on the lid makes me a fan already. >_<