Author Topic: EJ89 came today  (Read 6879 times)

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Re: EJ89 came today
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »
I've been using my safety razor for over a month now and I have gotten pretty good at shaving my face and I really do enjoy the process. I worried about it taking too much time and so I have been shaving at night which doesn't exactly keep me smooth during the day. But I've gotten to the point where I can shave in the morning without spending too much time.

I also got pretty good at shaving my head with the the safety razor, but it takes me significantly more time. Today I went back to using my Mach 3 on my head only to find that it really gives me an inferior shave compared to the EJ.  So maybe I have to suck it up and just spend the extra time.

I shaved off my goatee today and so I have a larger canvas to work with! It was a bit of a challenge shaving parts of my face that were previously covered. I hardly ever cut myself but today I cut two beauty marks (moles?) that are usually covered by hair.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »
Hello Mike:

Why did you shave off the goatee?  I thought it looked good on you - especially because, unlike me, you haven't gone gray yet!

This coming Thursday is currently planned to me my "Baldday"  I have grown a full beard because I am nervous about being totally hairless, and now I don't know what to do because it has come in all in an uneven gray!  I don't know if I should keep it or not once I get the bald head?

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 05:37:15 AM »
Hello Mike:

Why did you shave off the goatee?  I thought it looked good on you - especially because, unlike me, you haven't gone gray yet!

This coming Thursday is currently planned to me my "Baldday"  I have grown a full beard because I am nervous about being totally hairless, and now I don't know what to do because it has come in all in an uneven gray!  I don't know if I should keep it or not once I get the bald head?

I shaved off the goatee just for a change. I know that it grows back really fast so I don't mind taking it off every now and then. And I like it best short, so in about a week or two I can have it back. When I grow it longer, the gray starts to show, but I like the gray.

What made you decide to go bald and why Thursday? I'm sure the beard looks good. Do you have a photo? A lot of guys worry about the gray or that it is uneven, but I think the gray looks distinguished. I wouldn't worry about it. And if you don't like it, there's nothing wrong with totally hairless, as my head is right now!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 05:47:34 AM »
Grey doesnt bother me. It can look good on a guy.

Was you scared using the safety razor on the head? How much longer did it take?

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 02:21:40 PM »
Get a microtouch one DE razor, it's light weight so you only get nicks or cuts if you're being careless. It's not in stores yet and I've heard it takes forever to get it from them. I got mine on Amazon, it's my favorite purchase of the year so far.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »
I was really scared using the safety razor on my head. The first couple of times I had to finish with my Mach 3. I eventually got pretty good at it with no cuts, but I am really slow because I know if i am quick or careless, I'll hurt myself!

Since I only shave my head twice a week, I think I'll just put in the time and go back to the EJ89. I'll have to pay attention to how long it took. It seemed like forever because I had to do many passes to get totally smooth.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 05:44:20 PM »
Greatness - I've been wanting a second razor to keep in my other bathroom. Maybe I'll pick up the Microtouch. I think I've seen it advertised in one of our local drugstores. Maybe Walgreens.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »
It's been about two months for me wet shaving. I'm enjoying it more every time. I've been experimenting with various blades and up till today, the blade I liked best was the Astra.

Today I tried a Feather. Reading other guys' comments, I was a little afraid to try one since they have a reputation of being extremely sharp. Well, I got through shaving both my face and my head unscathed! And now I have a new favorite blade.

Usually, no matter what I do or which blade I use, I can see the shadow of my hair even right after shaving. I don't know if it is my imagination, but after shaving with the Feather blade, my scalp looks pretty white. I can barely see the shadow.  This definitely is the bast and closest shave I've gotten since using a safety razor.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
Hi Mike:  Glad that you are enjoying your DE journey, my friend.  I encourage our other SBG brothers to try the traditional way of shaving.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 09:25:42 PM »
I use an EJ89 Barley grip handle with Feather blades which I love
Shaving soap try Cella it's beautiful
My brush is EJ Beat Badger didn't cost heaps and it is so nice to use with the Cella!
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 12:50:28 AM »
Crowbar,  I haven't used my Cella in a while.  Think I'll have to dig it out again.  I can imagine the scent and wonderful lather now!!

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 05:34:07 PM »
Crowbar,  I haven't used my Cella in a while.  Think I'll have to dig it out again.  I can imagine the scent and wonderful lather now!!

I only got it back out too recently after a long break, so nice :)
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time