Discussions About Being Bald > Tattoos and Piercings

Want to get a septum ring, but unsure...

<< < (2/10) > >>

theebaldguy:
I don't have a pierced septum, so I can't offer advice on how easy it is to hide, or if it will close up if the ring is removed. This is only *my* opinion, but I've never seen a septum ring that I thought looked good on the wearer. To me, they are a turn-off. Just my two cents! :)

nuts:
To me a septum ring is a bit 'in your face' so to speak and not a look that I like.(sorry Frontier Guy)

Blitzed:
I had the hole made for an 8 gauge ring,  but never wore the ring. It hasn't closed up substantially. Interesting the person who did my piercing was my Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. I mentioned to him I was going to get one and he asked to do it; As he said, he KNEW his office was clean and that he knew what to do; Turns out he routinely does it. When he did the piercing which was painless as he used an anesthetic. he cauterized the wound so...that's why it doesn't close. Some day I'll stick the ring in, wear it around the house, see how many people come to the door who know me and are shocked. Well, they've got over the tats so this is just another thing for them to wonder what the hell I was thinking.

Ta2Guy:

--- Quote from: Bald Hobbit on February 09, 2014, 06:40:11 PM ---I want to get a septum ring, and eventually stretch it to a nice thick bullring like I've seen on some members here. However, there are some things I'd like to ask about.

I don't care about the pain of the initial piercing, but how painful and/or difficult is healing? Anything to look out for?

I've also heard its really easy to hide. How noticeable is it when it's flipped up into the nose?

After its healed(at a small, initial gauge), when you take it out does it close back up? I wouldn't want to wear it all the time...

And lastly, how noticeable is the hole with no jewelry in it when stretched to about the width of, say, a bic pen?

And don't worry, I know about the "sweet spot."

--- End quote ---

Hey Bald Hobbit!

I generally wouldn't make this statement on this site, but:

You have received six examples of Very Bad Advice out of six responses to your post.

I never saw that before. Your own response is the only one that gets anything right.

I have a little web site where I give my opinions about a lot of things, including your questions.

http://ta2guy.org/holeyguy.htm

That page is not up to date with what I am doing now, particularly in regard to how much I wear it now, which is "quite a bit."

Two quick answers: It is not really very possible to hide it. The flipping it up into your nose trick may work for some short people with small piercings, but probably not for a man with sizable jewelry. If your nose is at approximately the same elevation as someone sitting next to you, if you have a very large hole, you companion may see the light at the other end of the tunnel. And that can compel some people to exclaim, "YOU HAVE A HOLE THROUGH YOUR NOSE ! ! ! ! !" And the odds are great that such a "discovery" will be announced at a very inappropriate time.

Read my page and feel free to email me any questions you may have.

Bald Hobbit:
Thanks, dude. I have read your blog. Anyways, I plan on getting pierced at 14g or 12g this summer, and going up to either 6 or 4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version