Discussions About Being Bald > Tattoos and Piercings

Want to get a septum ring, but unsure...

(1/10) > >>

Bald Hobbit:
I want to get a septum ring, and eventually stretch it to a nice thick bullring like I've seen on some members here. However, there are some things I'd like to ask about.

I don't care about the pain of the initial piercing, but how painful and/or difficult is healing? Anything to look out for?

I've also heard its really easy to hide. How noticeable is it when it's flipped up into the nose?

After its healed(at a small, initial gauge), when you take it out does it close back up? I wouldn't want to wear it all the time...

And lastly, how noticeable is the hole with no jewelry in it when stretched to about the width of, say, a bic pen?

And don't worry, I know about the "sweet spot."

Razor X:
If you are unsure then don't do it.

EarlBald:
I think that Razor X has the right answer.  My first thought, when reading your desire, was to ask "Why?"  However, it's your septum.  Ask yourself why you want a ring there, and whether it would be worth pain of getting it and the inconvenience of keeping it.  If you decide not to get one, you can always get one later.

Bald Hobbit:
I've got plenty of time to figure it out, but its not contingent on the questions I've asked. If I decide I don't like it, I can just take it out. Scarring wouldn't be a issue, as I don't think I would care what the inside of my nose looks like. If its easily hideable, I wouldn't have to have it out for all to see all the time, and if it doesn't close, then I can have it in and out whenever I feel like it. I doubt it would be permanent though.

Hingatao:
If it's not going to be permanent, why spend the money? Also keep in mind that it could work against you at work or socially.  A pierced septum isn't as accepted as pierced ears are for men. Especially if you work in customer service or any kind of professional setting. You could be setting yourself up to be stereotyped in a way you'd rather not see. Be sure you really want to do it before you proceed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version