Author Topic: Fast weight loss, and hair regrowth!  (Read 5426 times)

Offline baldhighschooler

• Sly Guy in Training
Fast weight loss, and hair regrowth!
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »
Hey everyone! Baldhighschooler here.. I've recently achieved something quite amazing. Around the time I started shaving my head, I noticed how unflattering my waistline was in symbiosis to my clean head... So I signed up for a physed class and started doing some major maintenance. At the age of 17, I had weighed the most I ever had. I was 295 pounds with a 48 inch waistline (granted I'm also quite tall so it spread out a bit). At the time I was asthmatic, had high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and had been in and out of the emergency room for exertion induced asthma attacks and the sort. Today, I weigh 260 pounds, and resolved my high blood pressure, and reduced my frequency of Asthma attacks massively. It's quite easy to slowly chip away at the pounds. I made a few massive changes to my diet of course... No more soda or processed snack foods (bagged chips of any kind!), and I replaced a good portion of my meats with plant proteins and mushrooms.. The real trick with food is to do the opposite of what you'd think. Eat whenever you're hungry. Just stop when you're not hungry anymore... I also did about 40 minutes of cardio every day in the weight room. I jumped around to every cardio machine in the weight room in short ten minute bursts... That way, instead of putting one muscle group into crippling pain, I could engage different groups in the same day. (And managed to achieve more even weight loss). Equally, I lifted weights.. I lifted until my spine cracked. (Managed 100 on each arm!) I'm still chipping away at it, and it just gets easier and easier. And even better... As my stubble grows back, I have noticed that the hair on the back of my head is growing back. I wen't from having recession with a hand sized bald spot, to recession with a palm sized bald spot, to having five hairs popping up in odd locations of the bald spot... So exercise seems to do something for vertex. No dice on the recession.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:53:14 PM by baldhighschooler »

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the baldest of them all?

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Fast weight loss, and hair regrowth!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 07:30:01 AM »
That's excellent news! Keep going. You are doing yourself a gigantic favor health- wise and you will look better and feel better, too!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 08:37:24 AM »
Good on you mate!  Keep up the good work!  Starting this healthy lifestyle while you're young can only lead to a better and longer life.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
Congratulations...Keep up the good work!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.