Author Topic: How weird is this?  (Read 3612 times)

ugabulldog

How weird is this?
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »
I am from Atl but live in SC now. This past Fri I was back in Atl visiting and I am sitting on bench on the sidewalk. A girl walks by and recognizes me from high school. I haven't seen this girl in 20 years and she never saw me sly. I am amazed she recognized me. I could see if I was at a bar and you have the chance to see someone over and over- you know more than one glance- but passing me on the street??? Anyways she still looked great as she was a Hottie back then (of course I had to introduce her to my wife who was with me) It is such a "mind trip" for me to see someone you haven't seen in 20 years.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: How weird is this?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 05:38:19 PM »
That is a trip!! 

I have that happen once and a while in different cities.  Mostly airports as I travel a lot.  I was on a small plane once (about 20 people) flying into a small town in Washington.  While in air I mentioned to the guy next to me that I grew up in Redding, CA.  All the sudden about 15 of the 20 people all talked about how they grew up or lived in Redding at one time.  About 6 of them knew my parents, and 2 of them had dads that worked with my dad.  Total trip! - no pun intended.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 06:57:32 PM »
I broke down in Redding in Jan 1983

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 09:47:38 PM »
I broke down in Redding in Jan 1983

Good thing it was Jan and not Aug.  Otherwise it would have been 100+ degrees.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 05:33:30 AM »
Small world indeed! I have a story which parallels yours.

I'm from a small town in NW Ohio population 1000. About 1 year ago I was in the downtown Sydney area nearby the Opera house having a drink with some buddies to celebrate the birth of one of our buddies baby. Well who should pull up a stool next to us but a guy who not only went to my high school but was serving 1 year in jail for B&E when I left to come to Australia. Man had a killer hangover the next morning needless to say.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:17:37 AM »
Small world indeed! I have a story which parallels yours.

I'm from a small town in NW Ohio population 1000. About 1 year ago I was in the downtown Sydney area nearby the Opera house having a drink with some buddies to celebrate the birth of one of our buddies baby. Well who should pull up a stool next to us but a guy who not only went to my high school but was serving 1 year in jail for B&E when I left to come to Australia. Man had a killer hangover the next morning needless to say.

So, they really do send all the prisoners to Australia!   :popo

Just kidding bro!  Couldn't resist!

That is also a great small world story.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 02:27:38 AM »
No Tyler you are spot on.LOL :)

Aussies give me a hard time all the time and call me a Yank and a Seppo and tell me to go back to America.

I usually reply with a sharp barb about being a convict or a skippy or a roo guffer,which usually shuts 'em up. Aussies do really appreciate a sense of humor.

Then again I've gotten into a few fights over the years with idiots who have given me a hard time for no reason and thus I've had to hand out some good ole American can of whoop ass.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 03:51:35 AM »
I used to hang out and get pissed with the Aussies in college.  Was completely infatuated with our woman's tennis player from Australia.  I think it had to do something with the accent, but the long legs, athletic body, blonde hair could have had something to do with it also.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 04:54:43 AM »
Ya think... :*))

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 05:46:31 AM »
Well Tyler there is more where she came from believe you me.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 07:33:18 PM »
Well Tyler there is more where she came from believe you me.

That's why I told my wife if I ever go to Australia that I couldn't guarantee that I would come back.   >:D

Enter your email address: