Author Topic: The SUPER BOWL!!!!!  (Read 9698 times)

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: The SUPER BOWL!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 05:37:22 AM »
On the other hand....with all the attention on Sochi, the Super Bowl becomes a prime target for terrorism particularly if the weather fouls everything; One can only watch so many things simultaneously. I'm not persuaded that what seem like "random" events are, in fact, all that random.

Now that's off my (tattooed) chest....the game presents a conundrum. Pete Carroll and I are both products of Southern Cal and both of us left under "difficult" circumstances. I was almost shot in the Watts riots in '65 and he was shot in the ethics of a few years back. I'm inclined to favour AFC teams just because there's an arrowhead tat on my right forearm. Then there are the season tickets to the Chiefs games. I don't suppose they'll be a tie.

A fully haired friend of mine has laid a wager with me...Seattle wins and I don't shave my head for a month....Denver wins and he gets his first head shave. Not to say I'm predicting but.....I'm keeping my straight razor at hand waiting for the end of the final quarter.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 10:08:29 AM »
I just want a great game that is known for its great play and not some officiating blunder....and of course, should the Broncos lose, I hope people don't start crucifying Manning again.....On the other hand, if the Seahawks win, I hope Sherman shows a little more class than he did at the end of the NFC Championship game....

I agree Harry. I'm rooting for the Broncos. Let's see which Sherman shows up this time.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 05:49:02 PM »
I agree with Bald Guy and Mikekoz. There is noi way that would go to the game. It is much better to watch at home.

Hope that everyone enjkoys the SUper Bowl. Take care.

O0 O0 O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 10:55:48 PM »
I was hoping for a close and exciting game.  I was thoroughly disappointed by the blowout.  Oh well... I did enjoy my time with family and friends!!!

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 06:33:05 AM »
I was hoping for a close and exciting game.  I was thoroughly disappointed by the blowout.  Oh well... I did enjoy my time with family and friends!!!

I was also hoping for a better game.  This one reminded me of Super bowls of old where the game was one-sided.

For anyone who flew into New York City for the game and planned to fly home today, they're going to be stuck.  It's snowing heavily and we're supposed to get 4 to 8 inches by late afternoon. Visibility is about three city blocks.

Offline Bald Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 07:34:00 AM »
What a lousy game that was.  Takes me back to my Broncos getting stomped by the 49er's and Redskins.  When the Broncos won their 2 bowls they wore their blue shirts, maybe they should dump their orange ones.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 03:00:36 PM »
The game stunk.... and my Friend that brings the loompia was a no show! :(
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »
   I'm happy as the SEAHAWKS won in very impressive fashion.................they simply pounded Denver!  Have to tip my hat to Denver for getting there................would love to see the Lions get that close. Oh well,maybe next year.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 10:26:05 PM »
As easy as it is to hate on Peyton Manning....Seattle was far and away the better team....Remember, they have beaten elite QB's like Tom Brady, Drew Brees(twice), Aaron Rodgers, among others....Russell Wilson may be small, but he has heart and that's something you can't teach or buy...Not to be funny, but Russell Wilson now has more playoff victories than Tony Romo, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan, RGIII, Cam Newton and Andrew Luck combined.....weird, but true.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 06:11:02 AM »
Russell Wilson shows great poise and is cool under pressure - the hallmarks of a great quarterback.

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 05:43:12 PM »
 Russell Wilson played as well as anyone could............he never turned the ball over and made many impressive throws, [ even going to his left],which is very difficult to do. Seattle has a winner it seems in this kid.