Author Topic: Anyone watch WWE?  (Read 4412 times)

Offline Lith

• Sly Jr.
Anyone watch WWE?
« on: January 20, 2014, 08:24:50 PM »
I know.. Its probably weird that I watch WWE (wrestling), but I grew up watching. Stopped a few years due to being a teenager, but I've gotten back on track a few years ago. I was wondering if anyone else here watches? It is my "guilty pleasure".

O and I wasn't sure if this should be in sports or entertainment sense it's a bit of both.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Anyone watch WWE?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 03:17:55 PM »
I watched wrestling when I was a kid... Gorilla Monsoon, Sgt. Slaughter, Andre the Giant, Bob Backlund, Bruno Samartino, George the Animal Steel, and the rest of the crew. Then I didn't watch it for years.

A couple years back I started watching it with my teenage son. We all sort of got hooked on it and even ordered up Wrestlemania on pay per view a couple years. We ditched Dish a year ago so lost the channels it is on BUT there is a new WWE channel coming to streaming in the next couple of months. I'm not sure we'll get the channel but it's great news for WWE fans that have cut the pay TV cord.

If you are even a casual fan and have never been to a live WWE event, you should go. We surprised the kids a few years back and took them. It was a wicked good time and well worth the ticket price.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Lith

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:15:31 PM »
I went to a VERY small event when I was little at our county's expo center (they never go there now). I'm only 23, so I grew up with the likes of Sting, Scott Hall, Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Stone Cold, The Rock... and others lol. Just FYI.. The new streaming channel will be worth it even for a casual fan.. You get all 12 PPV's (they are monthly now).. for 9.99 a month.. Although I think it has to be with a 6 month commitment, for me thats nothing. Will save me over 500 bucks a year and all ya need is a console, computer, tablet, phone, and/or just about every other device. Sorry if this sounds like a advertisement, it's not ment to be, just very very excited.

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 06:31:48 PM »
Lith, go ahead and indulge your guilty pleasure--it's very popular.  If I watch wrestling, it's college wrestling, a real contest instead of a show (not criticizing, we all have our trashy tastes!).  I do admire some professional wrestlers (mostly with shaved heads, altho I liked the late Rick Rude).  And every once in a while, I'll check out MMA--a bit bloody for my tastes, but the men look more real.  Speaking of shaved heads, Frank Tripp is a very good spokesman for Headblade.  Finally, I don't kn ow about you, but I get some, uh, guilty pleasure out of watching a couple of in-shape athletic men (which I why I generally prefer the college guys) thrashing about, getting all hot and sweaty, straining to dominate ... uh, I'd better stop RIGHT NOW!

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:26:41 PM »
Yeah i watch it have done since i was a kid (on a off due to the fact i never had the channels so watched it at my cousins every now and again)...early teens i started watching afterburn/bottomline for a bit...then watched raw at my cousins then stopped again (cause again didnt have channel and cant keep going to my cousins forever)...in the end finally got the internet went on wrestling news site caught up sort of speak and looked on youtube...then my cousin showed me a site and been watching it on there ever since.

Dont get why you think of it as a guilty pleasure it still takes alot out off them and its very dangerous for something whats scripted...we think its cool jackie chan does his own stunts right? and thats scripted...it has alot of adult fans wrestling is very popular to all ages...im wearing a CM Punk shirt as we speak but im not just a WWE fan im a wrestling fan so i watch other companies from time to time...everyone knows its my "pleasure" not shamed at all.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:34:55 PM by DannyBoy »
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline Lith

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 10:57:46 PM »
@Danny boy.. Yea pretty much here, minus the fact I watch it alot, although I don't watch too much from others.. Only one I'll look at from time to time is TNA.. Not sure how to get the others.

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 11:32:18 AM »
Just got to look online theres a site we loads on like roh, nxt, tna etc etc just cant remember the name of it.

Offline Lith

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 12:07:39 PM »
NXT will be on the new network so I'm good with them. TNA I forget what channel it comes on >.<. RoH I've always wanted to watch.. Will have to look for that site :D.

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »
ROH is very good some wrestlers from WWE and TNA come from there havent seen it in a while though...TNA is on bravo in england dont know about other places.

Enter your email address: