Author Topic: The SUPER BOWL!!!!!  (Read 9139 times)

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
The SUPER BOWL!!!!!
« on: January 27, 2014, 05:49:54 PM »
     Quite possibly the greatest sporting event in AMERICA,.......who you takin'? SEAHAWKS or BRONCOS?.   Myself........................I'm rooting for Seattle BUT really am hoping for a great game with lots of action and excitement. It's the SUPER BOWL and  I truly  believe that it should be a holiday in the UNITED STATES. If Europe can shut down for soccer then we should celebrate the SUPER BOWL as a holiday too!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: The SUPER BOWL!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:10:45 PM »
I just hope it's going to be a great game.  I'm not a fan of either team but I'm a fan of sports in general.  I have always respected the play of Peyton Manning so I am going with the Denver Broncos.  I think it will be an interesting match-up.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:21:41 PM »
Not every one is a sports fan.  My wife and I will travel to Savannah, GA on Super Bowl Sunday.  We'll have dinner with another techno guy and his wife.  Did not even realize there was a game that day until well after we booked the event! I usually hang out with non-sports enthusiasts on Super Bowl Sunday.

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:27:34 PM »
  Mrzed?........of course everybody is not a sports fan, but since it is the biggest sporting event in America and was under the ''sports'' tag then why even bother to respond . Have fun with your tech friends.

Offline Bald Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:17:23 AM »
Broncos for me.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 09:28:17 AM »
I just want a great game that is known for its great play and not some officiating blunder....and of course, should the Broncos lose, I hope people don't start crucifying Manning again.....On the other hand, if the Seahawks win, I hope Sherman shows a little more class than he did at the end of the NFC Championship game....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mineral13

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 10:41:10 AM »
I just want a great game that is known for its great play and not some officiating blunder....and of course, should the Broncos lose, I hope people don't start crucifying Manning again.....On the other hand, if the Seahawks win, I hope Sherman shows a little more class than he did at the end of the NFC Championship game....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sly since 1/19/2014

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »
I was supposed to go out to NYC for the game but decided against it due to my workload at the moment.  I wasn't going to go to the actual game, but some of the supporting festivities.  Now I'm going to watch the game at home and root for the SeaTurkeys.  Though, I think the Broncos will probably win.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 03:43:14 PM »
I'm pulling for the Broncos. There is no way that I pull for Seattle after how Pete Carroll screwed the USC program when he left. I can't stand that guy. I'm not a USC fan at all but what he did to that program and those kids stinks.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »
How much would you PAY for a superbowl ticket ... to be there in person? Just hear on the radio that $800 list price tickets used to go for $2400 on the street, but are only fetching $1200 this year.

Offline Bald Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 05:29:54 PM »
I wouldn't want to go to it if the ticket were given to me.  I'm not a big fan of crowds and even less of a fan of drunk crowds.  I never go to sporting events or concerts anymore, as it's much more comfortable to be kicking back in my recliner, beverage in hand watching on my big screen.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »
I wouldn't go either. $10 beers, drunken crowds, weather............

I'll watch on my 60 inch plasma in the comfort of my home. I'll have a case of beer for what two beers would cost me at the game. I'll have a few select Friends  over and we'll make a day of it. All for less than $50!!

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 06:55:32 PM »
    Mikekoz13.................I think that is the best way to enjoy the SUPER BOWL.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 04:59:47 AM »
    Mikekoz13.................I think that is the best way to enjoy the SUPER BOWL.

Indeed! Pellet stove keeping us warm and beer ice cold from my beer 'fridge. Old Bay wings, loompia, and some other assorted, home made foods!
AND............... a better view of the game.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 05:36:34 AM »
Our home course has a scramble tourney with a shotgun start (everyone tees off at the same time, different holes of course) so the round is done before kick off. The course has a huge party, and it's always a hit. However, I usually don't stick around. I zip home and watch it with The Lovely Mrs. Schro and my kids. This year, my daughter is playing the tournament with me, so it should be a lot of fun.

Koz, I agree with you on Pete Carroll but, as a Raider fan, I can't pull for the Broncos on Sunday. It'd be like you pulling for the Steelers.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Enter your email address: