Author Topic: Just For Men Hair Color  (Read 14622 times)

Offline PabloSanDiego

• Sly Jr.
Re: Just For Men Hair Color
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 07:03:56 PM »
Just to update this, I was in CVS and saw the JFM stuff and bought one to try it out.  I got the JFM Touch of Gray, for beards and mustaches, dark brown/black color.  I did the allergy test for 2 days with no reactions, so I gave it a shot.  Followed the directions exactly and after the first try it definitely put in some color, but my wife didn't even notice the difference. The next day I applied it again and this time it was noticeably more colored.  She would be my main, honest critic and she said it looks natural and OK.  When I look at it, the part that was really gray looks sort of like a grayish soot color to me lose up, but from a few feet away it looks OK, pretty much what Touch of Gray advertises.  When I see myself in the mirror it doesn't look unnatural or dyed to me, but then I might not be the best judge of that.

I also didn't get any reaction at all, and anything that got on my skin washed out in the shower after application.  It's also really easy to use and apply.

Now 1 week later is seems to be holding up OK.  I haven't decided if it's something I'm going to stick with, as it looks like I probably need to redo it every 2 weeks or so.  But for now I'll at least use up the contents of this first box.

I understand it's not for everyone and I probably should just accept the fact that I'm old and the gray is natural...but, for now I'll stick with it for a while.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 10:09:06 PM »
Mother Nature can be sloppy and beards don't always turn grey in a symmetrical, flattering way.  Products like JFM can help camouflage things and make the transition easier.  That's the main advantage of using those products.  From your avatar pic, your goatee is mostly grey and it the color is uniform and even.  Personally, I wouldn't bother with JFM if I were you. I'll be glad when my beard finishes turning grey because I hate being stuck in between colors the way I currently am.

Offline wvheadshaver

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »
I used the Jet Black for my beard over the summer, and used it once more not too long ago before I made a huge mistake and shaved the goatee off... I am 23, and my natural color is more of a reddish/blondish, and I got tired of that and decided I wanted to try the black goatee look on me. I will admit I was scared of the bad reactions I could get, but I went ahead and done it. I ended up getting a bit more than I should have on my skin, and I had to go out that day so I scrubbed it off... Only I didn't just scrub, I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed lol. I ended up getting a raw spot on my chin on the skin above the goatee, but I still think that was from all of the scrubbing. I didn't get any bad reactions, and I have sensitive, dry skin, and at 23, I figured I for sure would have some kind of reaction but I got lucky. It lasted me a long time too, I ended up waiting until half of my goatee was natural and half was black ( where it had grown in ) before I dyed it again. I loved the black look, and when it grows back out I will probably go back with Jet Black again. I know most people might think that is nuts, but I wanted a black goatee so I went for Jet Black. Wanted to make sure I got it BLACK and not a darker brown lol. I loved the stuff, just scares me about the possible reactions, but I think it's worth the risk for me to have a goatee color that I actually like.

Here is a pic of my natural, reddish color ( I am on the right, it's the best pic I have to show my reddish color ) and another pic from when I first dyed it black. The goatee is uneven in the 2nd picture, and looks messy, but that was right after I dyed it so it was sticking out in all sorts of wild ways LOL.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:01:43 AM by wvheadshaver »

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 12:22:28 PM »
I used it for years on my mustache and for a while on my beard.  But, the beard and mustache grow so quickly that the grey roots showed after just a couple of days.  So, I would have to repeat it every two days to keep it looking "natural".  I cannot even be bothered to shave every other day much less go through the hassle of re-dying as well.

In order to get rid of it I had to shave off my beard and mustache.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2014, 05:37:24 PM »
I have used this stuff a few times when I was in a show. It was easy to apply with the brush provided, and turned the gray into a pretty natural looking gradation when I used a dye that was about two shades lighter than my beard's brown color. The problem was that, like BBBA's experience, it wore out/off within less than a week of every application.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 02:38:01 PM »

I am beyond any help that JFM can offer.  It would take a more powerful and cumbersome product to get rid of all this grey and I just can't be bothered with the upkeep - not to mention the fear that it would not come out right.  I don't really like getting grey but I'm learning to live with it.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »
I cannot repeat this often enough: the mixed color in your beard is nothing short of freaking awesome. Embrace it.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2014, 08:56:43 PM »
I concur with SlyBear's opinion, Razor.

That is an awesome pattern going on in your beard.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2014, 10:24:15 PM »
Everybody seems to like it except me. :)

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2014, 01:53:28 AM »
+1 for thinking the beard looks super cool...

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2014, 04:49:09 AM »
That is a great combination of colours in your beard Razor, looks amazing.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2014, 06:55:23 AM »
Thanks, guys.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2014, 10:27:51 AM »
Yes, I agree with the others, that is an awesome beard and the color pattern is nothing to be ashamed of!
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2014, 10:29:24 AM »
You look GREAT    NATURAL

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2014, 10:34:55 AM »
Razor - - -You say you don't like the grey - - -It is like getting BALD   
It all goes with growing up.     The grey looks GREAT  on you.   Embrace it.