Author Topic: The Bald and the Bearded  (Read 13052 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: The Bald and the Bearded
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 08:05:33 PM »
Razor' the beard is a keeper!  Very flattering!

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 11:24:49 PM »
Razor, I think it happens to just about anyone who is used to what has become a trademark look.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 02:28:37 PM »
Bald with a goatee for many years but recently have been experimenting with a full beard. I will keep it for a while longer.  I may go back to the goatee in the spring or summer.  I haven't decided yet.

Great beard, Razor X

Well shaped and clean neck line. Perhaps a little more growth ?

(got carried away myself...)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »
Razor, I think it happens to just about anyone who is used to what has become a trademark look.

Agree with you there, Imaginary.

Bald and bearded can be a "trademark". You feel that you own the look and are defined by the look.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 07:33:04 AM »
I grew one for no shave November and decided to keep it a while, I do like to trim it and keep it short with clean lines. I'm sure eventually I'll slip and mess up one or both sides and have to start over.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 08:16:38 AM »
Since shaving my head, I've experimented with just about every type of facial hair.  I even grew a mustache for Movember, and hated it. 

I've decided that I like the clean shaven look the best for me personally.  I am very gray (at 35) and having an almost fully gray beard just makes me look older.  I know the gray shouldn't bother me, but I don't want to look older than I already do :)

So, I am going to keep rocking the completely shaved look, until I get another wild hair and start growing my beard again.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 10:50:43 AM »
Yeah, I've know several people who can pull off the sly and clean shaven look.  Seems to suit you BBCESQ.  I myself, as I stated earlier, never liked the way I looked clean shaven when I had hair, that I can't even imagine being clean shaven and sly. 

But, that's the beauty of this whole thing, there's something that works for everyone.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 11:31:43 AM »
But, that's the beauty of this whole thing, there's something that works for everyone.

Isn't that the truth.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 05:04:48 AM »
For much of my adult life I had a full beard.  Then MPB started happening and ultimately I went Sly.  So initially I did the circle beard as that was more popular.  Eventually I saw full bearded men with shaved heads and got the courage to try it.  Now, not only do I have a full beard, but I am now in the process of growing a monster beard with the bald head!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 11:25:52 AM »
Razor,

Your beard looks awesome. You are doing a great job of keeping it groomed. You llok great both ways: with a full beard and with the goatee. Glad to her that you are hangion in there witht he full beard for awhile. It really looks sharp with your smooth bald  noggin.

I only have a goatee and mustache myself. I had a hard enough time getting the goatee to look good eouugh to keep. I really think that facial hair enhances the bald noggin.

Sir Harry, your beard looks great. Mike, you are looking good too. Slymeke, Sorry to hear that you had to shave your beard. It looked awesome on you.

Take care guys and Happy New Year to all of you.

WE finally have some mild weather here again in Minnesota. It was really brutal here last Monday with -20 degree tempswith -40 to - 50 degree wind chills. Burr!!!! Can't wait until we leave here for Claifornia and Arizona on February 17th.

Take care all.

Take care all.

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 04:51:42 PM »
I have a goatee, which has lasted a LONG time, thru various hair (and scalp!) styles.  I had a mustache in college, shaved it off briefly, then grew a full beard.  That lasted ten years, then I went without a beard for a year.  In 1985 (yes 28 years or more years ago!), I grew a goatee and have liked the look ever since.  I regret the graying of the goatee, but I don't want to shave it off or dye it.  However, I'm glad that I got rid of my gray hair (by shaving).  I'm partial to beards, so everyone posting looks good, especially Razor X.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 06:33:27 PM »
Earl,  I like the gray in your beard. I think it adds character.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 08:20:59 PM »
Earl,  I like the gray in your beard. I think it adds character.

I like the grey in everybody's beard ... except my own.  :-[

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »
Thanks, Mike.  I think that your beard looks good, too.  The mixture of gray and blond works well.  I don't know if it's just the photography, but you seem to have the smoothest scalp--I'm jealous!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 09:34:31 PM »
I don't mind that my beard is whitish not grey. At 72 one can't be choosy and as I have had a beard since May 1966 it has gone through many colour changes.  As earlbald says the bald head is much better than having grey hair.

I agree RazorX really shines - I manage to get mine like that on occasion with aloe vera.
Roger