Author Topic: Shaved my head bald at last.  (Read 19905 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Shaved my head bald at last.
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 06:57:02 AM »
I never want that feeling to get old.

There is some initial charm which will moderate over time, however, after two years, I still enjoy a good personal head rub. The enjoyment of rubbing a bald head changes over time.  At first it is a novelty. Later it becomes a part of who you are and an affirmation that being bald is still a really good thing.

Enjoy it. You look good in the various pictures you've posted.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 07:07:51 AM »
Welcome DSCSK! Glad to hear that you're enjoying the new look.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline BBCESQ

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 07:24:43 AM »
Congrats on the new look.  I struggled with really bad bumps and razor burn when I first started shaving over 2 years ago.  I can promise you that it will get better as your skin gets used to the razor.

Welcome to the club.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 07:55:35 AM »
Welcome to SBG !  Looks like your routine is produces great final product !  Congrats !

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 07:57:35 AM »
The pictures are great. You look terrific sly!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »
Get a shave brush and some shave soap, that will yield far superior results than canned foams/gels. Even if you prefer the gels still invest in a shave brush. You don't need to get a very expensive brush, I highly recommend starting with a badger brush. Poraso shave soap is a popular choice as is Taylor of Old bond.
Definitely shave with the grain for around 2 weeks before attempting against the grain. Make sure you put lotion on your head every day (even if you're not a daily shaver).
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline DSCSK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 02:59:34 AM »
Get a shave brush and some shave soap

I will definitely buy a brush because it is hard to lather a stubbly head. Thanks greatnessinc, I never thought about it  :)

Thank you all for your supportive and nice comments  :)

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 09:45:52 AM »
Not a problem. This site is a very informative one where we learn from each other and pay it forward since many of us had some guidance along the way.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline DSCSK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 09:18:09 PM »
Yes you are right. And I am glad to be a part of this forum :)

Offline Kodxfrostnova

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »
Hey guys I shaved my head the other day I noticed that I still had stubble,how could I shave it off completely,so it's nice and shiny,and has absolutely no stubble. I want it to look like Steve Austin,the Rock,or Kurt Angle's head.

Offline DSCSK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 10:59:43 PM »
Im also looking for that look. But i guess it will take some time. My scalp is definitely lighter in colour than the rest of my face because it has not seen the sun. My hair grows quick, so in about 18 hours i can see and feel the stubble. Does it even out to a point where i cannot see my hair follicles after shaving ? I have brown skin with jet black hair.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 04:32:33 AM »
Hey guys I shaved my head the other day I noticed that I still had stubble,how could I shave it off completely,so it's nice and shiny,and has absolutely no stubble. I want it to look like Steve Austin,the Rock,or Kurt Angle's head.

Welcome to the forum!
That is known as the "shadow" where you see the follicles even after shaving bald. The shadow can be seen on a lot of men with the "horseshoe" also where you can tell where they are really bald and where they shaved. Anything short of laser hair removal, it's going to take some time and technique to get that look that you're looking for. Check out some of the other threads and the products that some of the other members use to get that smooth look. Good luck and enjoy!

Im also looking for that look. But i guess it will take some time. My scalp is definitely lighter in colour than the rest of my face because it has not seen the sun. My hair grows quick, so in about 18 hours i can see and feel the stubble. Does it even out to a point where i cannot see my hair follicles after shaving ? I have brown skin with jet black hair.

Getting some tan on your scalp is critical even as a fairly dark man....As a first time shaver you are going to see and feel stubble for a while, but once you get your technique down, you will see less stubble and more smoothness. But getting some sun (not a lot) is a big step in that direction.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 05:28:10 AM »
Also, when you start head shaving you are particularly focused on the very smallest details. With time that will pass.

It's like those first few days having a shaved head when you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and are taken by surprise. After a while you won't even notice your shaved head. Except, perhaps, to think ... "Wow, that is one incredibly fine looking skull! I was meant to have a shaved head!"
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 06:02:17 AM »
Okay guys, I took some pictures of myself just now. Tell me what you think. I shaved against the grain. Do you think i should shave with the grain for sometime ? Because your scalp feels smooth in all ways when you shave against. I guess my first self done head shave is a success.

You look great. I wouldn't use the clindamycin lotion routinely for long time.  It is an antibiotic.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2013, 07:03:27 AM »
Like Sir Harry stated, the more you tan your scalp, the less your shadow will be. It just takes some time.

And remember when you get that brush to get a stand for it as well so that the bristles dry with it hanging down rather than standing on its handle.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)