Author Topic: Hi, new here... need opinions  (Read 16602 times)

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
Hi, new here... need opinions
« on: October 26, 2006, 07:06:21 AM »
Hi guys, I just found this forum... to make a long story short I'm a 23 yr (24 in a month) old Finnish dude who has been thinning for the past 2-3 years.  I decided to accept my fate a few weeks ago and got my hair buzzed down to 1 mm. I've been having 2nd thoughts ever since, 'cause I feel that my head shape is totally horrible! My head is too narrow, long and pointy (like a women's head actually)... at least I think so. My barber told me that I have a well shaped head but I really disagree after seeing it :D

Now I'd like to get some opinions from total strangers like you, can I pull it off or am I doomed to be miserable looking clown for the rest of my life?

Here's some pics for you to judge:

Offline Xan

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Hi, new here... need opinions
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 07:16:38 AM »
My friend, your hairline is not thinning as far as I can tell. And if it is, it's going very, very slowly.
And I find your head looks fine, I hope my head is shaped like yours when I shave mine (Which is this Saturday, folks)

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 07:34:10 AM »
My friend, your hairline is not thinning as far as I can tell. And if it is, it's going very, very slowly.
And I find your head looks fine, I hope my head is shaped like yours when I shave mine (Which is this Saturday, folks)

The whole top of my head is very thin... those pictures don't tell the truth, they were taken from afar. It's funny how I'm the only one who thinks my head is weirdly shaped...

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 07:35:47 AM »
Welcom yep_yep glad you found us and decided to join up.

I don't see much recession either, but I agree with Xan, I think your head would look fine once shaved completely. Come on, do it...you know ya want to.

Everyone on here would be glad to answer any other questions you have too.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:41:08 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement, PigPen. Just to add, my hairline has not recessed, I have a female pattern hairloss which means that the top of my head has thinned evenly (think Vin Diesel, he also suffers from that kinda hairloss).

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 01:29:47 PM »
I understand what you mean now. If you don't like the way it looks it will grow back. That's always an option.

Best of luck in your decision
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 03:10:36 PM »
Pull out the razor for a week, you'll not regret it.  Worst case you think it is not you, but at least you know for sure your opinion.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline lostnfound21

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 06:17:57 AM »
I say go for it. What's the worst that could happen? You'd be bald. It'll grow back. I think you'll dig it though. Give it a shot!

gearhedguy

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 09:31:18 AM »
Dude, the shape of your head looks totally fine. Think it'll make a good looking bald dome. I say break out the razor and just do it! And if you then think it's a mistake, let it grow and in a week or so or you'll have your hair back.

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 05:14:29 PM »
So none of you think that my head is too big? I've always thought (well at least from the day I knew I was balding) that my head is fucking humongous...

Offline BugMan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 07:51:54 PM »
Just do it.  Your head looks better than trying to cover a bald spot. 

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 01:57:48 AM »
Just do it.  Your head looks better than trying to cover a bald spot. 

Well I'm not really trying to cover anything anymore, since I have like 1/4 inch hair  :P.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 12:44:53 PM »
Hey yep_yep!  From the looks of the pics, your head is shaped very well to pull off the bald look.  If you haven't done it, give it a try.  If you don't like it (and I'm sure you'll love it) it will only take a couple of days to grow back to the length that you have it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 05:36:55 AM »
yep-yep, it's great to have a guy from Finland among us.
Now, as far as the shape of your head is concerned, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Xan (who had similar concerns regarding the shape of his head):
You often notice little things about yourself (physical appearance) that others don't or only barely notice. You look at yourself, inspect yourself more closely than others, so you tend to notice things about your body that aren't a big deal. And we all tend to turn something small and insignificant into something big and significant.

If your tailor told you your head has a nice shape, well, that means something.
And as far as I can tell, your head looks great. It's well shaped. You've got absolutely nothing to worry about. Just give it a try, shave it all off, and see for yourself...or rather, don't see for yourself, listen to what other have to say about your bald head. And you'll soon come to realise that people like the shape of your head and that there's nothing wrong with it...

And as an added bonus (you lucky guy), your hair is of a light colour - thus there won't be any noticeable shadow when you shave your head. I have darker hair and I always get a blueish shadow. So, you're very lucky indeed...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 05:38:52 AM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline yep_yep

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 02:10:35 PM »
yep-yep, it's great to have a guy from Finland among us.
Now, as far as the shape of your head is concerned, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Xan (who had similar concerns regarding the shape of his head):
You often notice little things about yourself (physical appearance) that others don't or only barely notice. You look at yourself, inspect yourself more closely than others, so you tend to notice things about your body that aren't a big deal. And we all tend to turn something small and insignificant into something big and significant.

If your tailor told you your head has a nice shape, well, that means something.
And as far as I can tell, your head looks great. It's well shaped. You've got absolutely nothing to worry about. Just give it a try, shave it all off, and see for yourself...or rather, don't see for yourself, listen to what other have to say about your bald head. And you'll soon come to realise that people like the shape of your head and that there's nothing wrong with it...

And as an added bonus (you lucky guy), your hair is of a light colour - thus there won't be any noticeable shadow when you shave your head. I have darker hair and I always get a blueish shadow. So, you're very lucky indeed...

Thanks for your reply. Yes I've often thought that I probably exaggerate the "bad features" I notice in myself. There's lots of things about myself that I dislike but I doubt no one else has ever thought about most of them :D. Yeah I noticed about the light colour thing, when I had my hair buzzed to 1mm on sides  , it looked as though I had no hair at all on the sides.