Author Topic: Hey dudes!  (Read 7918 times)

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
Re: Hey dudes!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 12:35:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum  8)
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 09:33:32 AM »
welcome aboard!  O0
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

jp_bald

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 03:48:19 PM »
wellcome bro!!!
enjoy the forum!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 11:19:36 PM »
Welcome scboy28.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 07:29:24 AM »
Welcome aboard! Enjoy this forum and all SBG has to offer.

Offline scboy28

• Learning the way of Sly
  • I dunno why I never smile for these...
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 07:51:21 PM »
Wow!  I've never had such an enthusiastic welcome!  THANKS to everyone!!!

Tyler, I created the SCboy28 identity back in 1998 because I was between Southern California and South Carolina for work purposes.  I'm a systems analyst in the good ol' mortgage biz, which SUCKS right now.  I've been unemployed since January when my company went toes up.

Question to everybody:  Do you think it helps or hinders a 37 year old fella when he goes sly for a job interview???   What if the people interviewing you for the job knew you in years past when you had a full head of pesky hair?   The interview was today.....

Just curious-

-greg

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 08:36:38 PM »
Howdy, Greg, Looks real SLY there.  I think the job interview will mainly depend on your attitude and how you present yourself.  SLY is so mainstream that I don't think that there are many out there who would be prejudiced.  Besides, you wear it so well, I couldn't see anyone thinking anything negative about it.  I'm a CPA, myself and I have not had any negative reactions since going SLY.  Best of luck..
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 09:54:26 PM »

Question to everybody:  Do you think it helps or hinders a 37 year old fella when he goes sly for a job interview???   What if the people interviewing you for the job knew you in years past when you had a full head of pesky hair?   The interview was today.....

IT-types generally have more leeway appearance-wise than other professions.  But sly is pretty mainstream these days so it probably neither helped nor hurt you.   Hope you were wearing something other than whatever that is in your avatar photo, though.   >:D >:D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 10:01:08 PM »
Wow!  I've never had such an enthusiastic welcome!  THANKS to everyone!!!

Tyler, I created the SCboy28 identity back in 1998 because I was between Southern California and South Carolina for work purposes. 

Cool!

Just curious-

-greg

I don't think it hinders you at all to have a Sly dome.  Especially if it gives you more confidence.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 12:18:23 AM »
After a good headshave and your dome is smooth as glass,there is nothing better than rubbing it and feeling how smooth it is.

I usually apply Almond Oil for shine so I tend to not touch it after that.

JohnMont

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 04:02:24 AM »
WELCOME, SCboy/Greg.    You wear the sly look awesome-ly !

If you've spent any time on the site by this time at all, you know that many of us share your love of the feel of the dome.

Sorry to weigh in so late on your job interview; but I think you should do fine; as many have said; sly is pretty mainstream, and if you wore a sharp suit and tie, they couldn't have helped but be impressed.

How did it go?  hope you got the job.

John

Offline NAVRN2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 08:34:54 AM »
I don't think the sly look should hurt you getting a job, if anything since you like the look, you would probably show more confidence.  Welcome to the group.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 03:10:11 PM »
Hi Greg, welcome to the forum  :)
one question... what is that you're wearing?!!
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline scboy28

• Learning the way of Sly
  • I dunno why I never smile for these...
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 01:50:47 PM »

Hi Magma!

I'm wearing a black leather harness, but I cropped it out of the picture...  Got too many invites to model the full monty!!!  Why was I wearing it?   I think most folks can figure that out.  gu!l+)  Wink!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 06:03:23 AM »

Hi Magma!

I'm wearing a black leather harness, but I cropped it out of the picture...  Got too many invites to model the full monty!!!  Why was I wearing it?   I think most folks can figure that out.  gu!l+)  Wink!

:o :o :o O0
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Enter your email address: