Author Topic: My First Straight Razor Shave. And the Consequences.  (Read 6532 times)

Offline Jay

• Sly
Re: My First Straight Razor Shave. And the Consequences.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 09:57:53 AM »
I want you to keep trying.

Practice on your forearms and legs. You are far less likely to cut them than your face.

Then when you do just cheeks. Do this for a couple of weeks. Then move on to chin, upper lip and neck.

By the time you get to the hard to shave areas, you will have your technique down. Rushing into full face shaving right away guarantees bloodletting.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 04:44:59 AM »
I want you to keep trying.

Practice on your forearms and legs. You are far less likely to cut them than your face.

Then when you do just cheeks. Do this for a couple of weeks. Then move on to chin, upper lip and neck.

By the time you get to the hard to shave areas, you will have your technique down. Rushing into full face shaving right away guarantees bloodletting.

I fully intend to keep trying. Now that the stitches in my thumb are out I'll be warming up in the bathroom for my second pitch. And your suggestions as to where to start shaving are interesting and I'll try there. However, 'tis the season of jollity, merry making and over ripe eggnog, not the sort of festive scene that is compatible with bloodied forearms (bound to make an incorrect statement) or blood drooling from a just whacked calf onto someone's brand new Champagne coloured carpet. But I will keep trying and I'll report back the results. In the mean time, I've ordered a book that details the goings and comings of veins and arteries in the body as well as their chums, capillaries...with an eye to finding which were deep enough to avoid major trauma...

Jay, Thanks for your helpful suggestions.

Offline Bald Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 09:26:10 PM »
I've been using a straight razor on my face for 3 years now.   Any questions that you have, I'll try to give you the best help that I can.