Author Topic: Electric clippers - smallest combo for travel?  (Read 1117 times)

Offline jago25_98

• Learning the way of Sly
Electric clippers - smallest combo for travel?
« on: December 08, 2013, 07:21:34 PM »
 I'm currently using corded hair clippers of the smaller, detail styling variety. I use them for face and head in one. Seems to be the best solution for travel but let me just check that.

I'm wondering if there's a quicker way. I saw one of those head roller electric things somewhere but can't remember what it's called.

Pros and cons of what I do now:

Advantages:
- only one thing to carry and I travel loads. It's smaller than most shavers and carrying foam and guff (I rob olive oil where I can instead of having to carry any toiletries)
- no batteries to run down, more power
- it's got gummed up a few times but being a professional trimmer it's been very easy to service. It's a very simple thing inside

But drawbacks:
- I can't always get a mirror and plug to reach so I sometimes have to do it blind
- it's slow because the head is only ~1" wide
- could be smaller. Seen a shaver in maplin credit card thick

I'm looking for convenience. Don't really like wet shaving because I don't shave every day and once you get past a certain length you can't cut without an electric so you're then carrying double.

What could be better would be an electric that takes standard and cheap li-ion batteries, with a 360 degree non handle and contours to the head.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Electric clippers - smallest combo for travel?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 08:41:47 PM »
One of the popular electric razors is the Wahl Balding Clippers.  There's also the Skull Shaver.  I think both of these would be convenient for travel. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.