Author Topic: Am I the only guy who shaves his head BECAUSE  (Read 6102 times)

Offline Tsuji

• Learning the way of Sly
Am I the only guy who shaves his head BECAUSE
« on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:55 PM »
he likes to keep his hair as short as possible for as long as possible?  Okay guys, hear me out.    As I understand it, 99.999% of guys who shave their heads can be divided into two categories:   A-guys who realize they are going bald and just decided to shave it all off   B-Guys who get obsessed with the "clean, shiny, chrome dome look." (you know, the guys who try to get a BBS chrome dome, sly bald guy's headshave EVERY day just because they love their bald, shiny, beautiful head.

I don't fall into either category.  I actually prefer the way my hair/head/face looks when my hair is really short.  However, my hair grows so damn fast, that to keep my hair as short as I would like it would require me to get my head buzzed every 10-14 days.   I finally decided that it was just ridiculous to get my hair cut that often, so I started shaving my head once every 6-7 days.  There is no way I could shave it every day (or every other day or every 3rd day), because I possess neither the time nor the patience to shave it that frequently.  By shaving it once a week, I get to keep my hair (once it starts growing in after a day) as short as I like to keep it for a month or longer, instead of going to the barber every 10-14 days for a fresh cut.  So, am I the only guy on here who feels this way/shaves his head only once every 6-7 days, or are there other guys who don't fall into either of the aforementioned categories (balding guys and chrome dome guys)?   

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Am I the only guy who shaves his head BECAUSE
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »
Well originally I did shave because I had MPB.

BUT.....

I love the way I look shaved and would NEVER grow my hair back even if I could. It really wasn't that big of a deal for me to shave. I had wanted to do it for a year or so and then one day I just walked into the bathroom and did it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
My hair getting thin and I was curious about shaving my head. The first time I kept it shaved for a few months and then let it grow back. I decided that I liked the bald head better than the thinning hair so I have kept it off. Admittedly, keeping a nice clean shaven head is actually more time consuming than having hair sometimes!

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 05:09:20 PM »
To  show support to the kids/adults with cancer or diaseses could be another category. I fall under no category I went bald and give up the babershop and started cuting my own hair into shaving my head.

Offline Tracer

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 07:47:49 PM »
Shaving super short hair is so much easier. I used to be on the 3-5 day program but when you're about to shave, it just takes longer and it's a pain.

Shaving thrice a week is easier than 1 every week IMO. Plus you feel like a boss after a good shave, great way to start your day after breakfast/workout

Offline JTH45

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 01:18:01 AM »
I'm in the same category as you.  I started shaving my head this past summer because I work outside and wanted to try the bald style.  I've always liked my hair short, and decided to give to bald a shot.  I fell in love with it.  Like you, my hair grows back super fast.  I try to shave my head every couple of days, but it is sometimes longer between shaves.

Cheers!!
Cheers!!  C*$n

Offline Aussie Sly Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly Since March 2011
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 04:28:53 AM »
I guess I fall into both A and B categories

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 05:40:05 AM »
i always wanted very short hair or no hair.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 05:56:08 AM »
There's a category "C", those of us who shaved our head because we just wanted to. No shiny dome, when you have a lot of hair, shaving it doesn't allow that, nor were we getting bald. Perhaps it's an economic measure-add up the price at even a modest barber shop-as opposed to a "Salon"-and it's still cheaper buy some clippers-for those days when you went longer than you meant, and a razor. In a pinch soap or Canola can be used as a shaving medium and over that year you've saved a substantial amount of money. (Locally, the least expensive hair cut is at "Bobs" and he charges seven dollars. The most expensive is a club to which you pay dues and then an additional thirty five dollars per cut....

So you've got A,B and C and, one suspects, a D lurking out there that just hasn't been identified.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 06:17:23 AM »
I shave my head BECAUSE.

I don't have to. I like the look. I like to support the guys who have to shave their heads.

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 09:49:04 AM »
I'm in the category of "my hair looks like crap so I get rid of it"

For me, shaving is a way to keep the stubble away. A days' worth of stubble is all I can take. Week long stubble is like velcro on the noggin and it drives me nuts.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 05:28:47 PM »
I'm in the category of "my hair looks like crap so I get rid of it"

For me, shaving is a way to keep the stubble away. A days' worth of stubble is all I can take. Week long stubble is like velcro on the noggin and it drives me nuts.

+1 on Jay's assessment.  I just didn't like the color / natural style / maintenance which hair required. Shaved it off and eliminated all those issues.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline constantly

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 09:05:07 AM »
I shave my head myself to

1. save money on Shampoo, styling products and the Barbershop (I actually liked going to the Barbershop for the banter and comedy but my favourite Shop was a £13 train journey away).
2. I really hate queuing and I always have to queue in the Barbershop.
3. To save time in the morning.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 01:58:56 PM »
I count myself in assuming a bit of vanity and like looking in the mirror at a chromedome , also being pampered at the barbers fr a headshave

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 12:10:53 AM »
I always liked the long haired look, but only thought it was worth having with a thick head of hair.

By age 19 that was impossible for me, so I prefer to keep it as short as possible instead.  I'm now 25yo and manage to shave my head 2-3 times per week.  I think the bald/super short look is attractive but I am not obsessed to the point of being BBS every day of my life.