Author Topic: fat free/low fat  (Read 1940 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
fat free/low fat
« on: July 14, 2007, 08:07:32 PM »
since i am on this low fat/fat free diet since my surgery. i have some questions. i know several of you guys are very into fitness/nutrition, i need some ideas on recipes for this new food style. really think it could be for good if i can find ways to keep it from getting boring. just had fat free frozen yogurt for the first time. wasn't too bad. i have been eating chicken breasts but that is getting boring. help me people. pppplllleeeeeeeeezzzzzeeeee

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: fat free/low fat
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 08:18:25 PM »
since i am on this low fat/fat free diet since my surgery. i have some questions. i know several of you guys are very into fitness/nutrition, i need some ideas on recipes for this new food style. really think it could be for good if i can find ways to keep it from getting boring. just had fat free frozen yogurt for the first time. wasn't too bad. i have been eating chicken breasts but that is getting boring. help me people. pppplllleeeeeeeeezzzzzeeeee

Luckily there are plenty of ways to prepare chicken, because it does get boring.  I like to take the boneless cutlets, dip them in a bit of skim milk and then roll them in cornflake crumbs with a dash of paprika and then bake them in the oven.   Or you can do the boneless cutlets on the barbecue grill with a bit of barbecue sauce.

Ground turkey is another one of my stand-bys. You can use it in chili or to make burgers.   The dark meat makes better burgers -- it's not as different from beef as you might think.  It's a bit higher in fat than the white meat but it tastes better.

You can do a stir-fry with beef or chicken with vegetables and serve over rice.

If you like spicy foods (and since you're in Cajun country, you probably do), you can use them to create new flavors without adding any additional calories.

For lunch I usually have a salad with a hard-boiled egg, a bit of low-fat cheese and meat of some kind (roast beef, chicken, turkey or ham) and some low-fat dressing.

Egg whites and Canadian bacon are my staple breakfast foods.  Tastes great on a whole grain bagel.

One of the hardest parts of any diet is trying to find enough variety to alleviate the boredom.  Hope this helps a little bit.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 09:43:53 PM »
Don't forget about some low fat/nonfat shakes. 

Take some Ice, Low fat/nonfat yogurt, Low fat/nonfat Milk, and some frozen or fresh fruit.  You can add some raw or cooked oatmeal for substance - trust me, it tastes great!

Blend in the blender until thick and creamy.  Pour into a glass and drink. 

These shakes will fill you up and they taste yummy!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 09:42:52 AM »
cool ideas guys. on my way to the wal mart to do a little shopping.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!