Author Topic: Sorry Head Blade Sport  (Read 1957 times)

Offline 50plus

• Sly
Sorry Head Blade Sport
« on: November 06, 2013, 04:39:06 AM »
I wrote about the HB Sport a little while ago saying it seemed like the one for me. Well, I feel a bit guilty in saying I've gone off it but I have. Two main reasons 1) too many passes required to get way down to the scalp and 2) after a while the way you have to hold it just became annoying.

I read a short blurb about the twin blade Gillette SensorExcel and after using it for a dozen or so shaves I really think I'll be staying with this one for quite a while. Nice weight, regular hold and generally more efficient at getting the job done. I was never able to get this close in the same amount of time with the HB.

Anyway I wanted to share the info. The HeadSlick however stays in the family - Though it's a bit expensive it works and feels great. Thanks for listening and all the best to everyone.

Last but not least - Anyone on the fence about shaving I really do think you'll like it.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Sorry Head Blade Sport
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 06:05:19 AM »
The razor you use is (literally) a different strokes for different folks type of thing. Sorry the HeadBlade didn't work out for you. But, it's great that you found the razor that works best for you.

Stay smooth!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 10:23:18 AM »
Likewise I abandoned the HB Sport a while ago in favor of my trusty old Personna M5 Magnum. For me, though, the HB proved to be the key to the blood bank. No matter how careful I was, no matter taking my time, blood loss was inevitable and considerable. Funny thing was that when I started shaving with the HB everything was great. Then one day I bought a new batch of carts and the flow began. Same thing with the next few purchases of carts so I just dropped it.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
Sorry the HeadBlade Sport didn't work out for you.  Did you try it with the Gillette Sensor Blades on it with the black adapter? 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 03:49:21 PM »
Yep. read around some guys love the ATX, and dislike the Sport. And some the other way around. Some always go for Gillette and some for Schick.

I like the HB Sport best. It works for me.  Tried the ATX blades on the Sport. Did not like it. Cut myself every time. So I'm thankful that HB still sells the triple blades online.  Otherwise I'd have to go for second best choice.

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 10:21:03 PM »
No didn't try that Tyler but it's very much a feel thing and it didn't feel right. I've still got a few new HBS blades left but I'm not using them. Maybe as a stand in should I run short of Gillette Sensors. Thank you though.