Author Topic: 5 o'clock shadow driving me crazy  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Loquat

• Learning the way of Sly
5 o'clock shadow driving me crazy
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:00:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm new here and want to apologize in advance if I'm asking a question that has already been addressed.  I'm 23 years old and I'm wanting to know if anyone has a suggestion for an electric trimmer/shaver for my beard area that I could buy that would get as close to a bald shave as humanly possible. I can't use a razor as I get razor bumps extremely bad and it turns the color of my skin.  Currently I'm using a depilatory powder but it's messy and time consuming.  The company I work for requires us to be clean shaved every day which is okay with me as even having 5 o'clock shadow drives me insane.

Any suggestions on an electric trimmer or shaver that gets as close as possible is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: 5 o'clock shadow driving me crazy
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 04:07:48 AM »

In a recent post, Sir Harry said, "As far as clippers that cut as close as a razor, I like the Andis series clippers. They give a nice close shave and a nice shaved appearance with very little stubble. There are threads that suggest  good close cutting clippers that might can help you out as well. Good luck!"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:09:55 AM by mrzed »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: 5 o'clock shadow driving me crazy
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 04:11:25 AM »
The standard razors always give a closer shave than an electric.

What you MIGHT find here on this forum, though, is guys who have worked through the 'bump' issue and found a solution there.

You might check this link: http://electric-head-shaver-review.toptenreviews.com/

(thought it funny that they have listed the 'headblade atx' in with the ELECTRIC razors! Perhaps the author thinks that the ATX is right in there with the electrics?

Enter your email address: