Author Topic: Hey all :)  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Aiden

• Learning the way of Sly
Hey all :)
« on: October 25, 2013, 09:14:10 AM »
👋 Hey all!

Im Liam, I use my middle name often tho while online incase I get any stalkers.  I found your site and its full of great people and helpful information. I have spent a few weeks just reading before introducing myself and I hope to be active and contribute some stuff that I know (none head related heh)

I suppose you guys would class me as bald by choice but not sure I can call myself bald, I think the term is my hair is an induction cut which is a no guard.  I choose to do this about 3 weeks ago, I have full head of hair at the moment but MPB runs in the family and although im not receding I have always had fine hair that is just a pain to manage, you can't do nothing with it so no point having it.  I looked into improving or saving my hair as the future is obvious to me but hey none of that is worth it and I will let nature take its course. I really need some tan!! 😳 But im sensible and have read a lot here and I will do it gradual then my style im sure I will like more.

Hope to start a few topics that I need some help on and maybe some of you could help me out? Cheers, see you in the forums.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:17:46 AM by Aiden »

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
Re: Hey all :)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »
Hey Mate !  Welcome to SBG !  Your haircut is perfect and hope you keep it !

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:18:23 AM »
Hey Liam,

Great that you joined us!! Your "do" looks great! Nice choice.

My hair was fine and not really manageable, at least while it was there! It looks like you've found a "happy place" for your hair and that's always the best! Welcome to SBG and hope to see you around the forum!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »
Welcome, Liam!

Offline Aiden

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 10:43:33 AM »
Hi guys 👋

Thanks, Once you take your hair off and get use to it I dont think I will go back now.  Im kinda jumping ahead of the near future as my hair for sure wont be there forever. It has got worst over the last year (some due to stress) so for me this is the best option to prepare myself I suppose and get use to the facts without having to worry about what my hair looks like everyday.

I have to say i tried a number 2 and 1 guard but for fine hair only on top all over the no guard really did work better for me, it just blended everything except my childhood scars at the back of my head. One day I will be sly but for now I prefer this as lower maintenance.
Thanks for welcome 👍
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:28:47 AM by Aiden »

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »
Welcome

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 05:45:12 PM »
Hey, Liam. The look suits you. Like you, I usually clip with no guard, by I occasionally shave all the way, which I love. It's probably just a matter of time before I keep it completely sly all the time.  And you're right, once you go there, you won't want to go back! Not worrying about your hair every day is a great relief and leaves you time for other things more worthy of your time.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »
Welcome Liam. I like the no guard cut. It suits you. I use to do a #0 or a #00000 cut and loved it. Still leaves the hair a little soft and not feeling like sandpaper. Eventually you get tired of going to the barbers or cleaning up after a self buzz. A good reason to take the razor out.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 01:23:32 AM »
Welcome! The no guard looks good; eventually if you want to go sly, you have the headshape for it. Good luck
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 09:14:51 AM »
Welcome aboard Liam. Looking good.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Aiden

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 02:04:26 PM »
Cheers guys  O0

Did my first shave today thought why not?  All went well. I didn't do anything special just two passes, no cuts or rash just a few white spots that seems pretty normal.  Seems tho I have quite a bit of scaring on the top and back of my head but could be worst.  I wonder if maybe I have suffered with something and didnt even notice as I have some odd marks and little dents, lines of scars etc. Im not gonna worry about it as my head is so fresh and needs time to blend with my skin tone. All will be checked out anyway soon enough as I thought wise to get a check up and maybe then I learn more.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
Welcome, Liam.  You'll enjoy being bald by choice. BBC.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 03:03:41 PM »
Welcome Liam
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 02:00:37 AM »
Welcome and be happy

Offline iamthedood

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: Re: Hey all :)
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 11:57:37 AM »
Welcome and be happy
Best advice e v a r 8)