Author Topic: Being Sly bald on passports or drivers license  (Read 29950 times)

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
Re: Being Sly bald on passports or drivers license
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »

I recall chatting about it with a friend in Darwin who was the Queen's Rep? Governor? Governor General Something of that nature. And that area was amazing. There were road trains, no rail, the Dream Waters, Katherine River Gorge Fanny Bay with its infinite supply of Crocs....This was all before the place was torn down by the typhoon. I've never been back, too many friends were killed and, now, as I look at the pictures, it's not the up and at 'em sort of place it was. I remember flying in and out on AnsettANA and, when we landed at Alice, they first put up netting  before they opened the ventral staircase the bugs were so bad.

A long, long time ago......Sorry to take up your time with wool gathering.

I lived in Darwin for a few years -- the Queen's rep is the Administrator.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2013, 08:32:45 PM »
As American CItizen's we do need to have a passport  to cross over into Canada or Mexico as is also needed to go to other countries. I need to renew mine again in 2016. We used to be able to get by just producing a copy of a birth ceritficate. Actually I think it is much easier to just have a passport even though they are not cheapto obtain.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2013, 10:24:08 PM »
At that price, I'm never gunna need one! My priority is too see as much of Australia as I can anyways, it's such a beautiful, why go anywhere else!

I was stunned to see a New Year's Eve Picture, at least that's how it was represented, from Lorne. In it there was man in some sort of semi-visible plastic ball being rolled about.

Things must have changed. Decades ago, a mate of mine from Geelong, and I used to drive down to Lorne to go surf casting. Then, this is possibly 1968?9? it was a sleepy little spot on the road with a decrepit hotel that catered mainly to fishermen such as ourselves. Then, there weren't as many people in the place as were shown in the photo. I recall chatting about it with a friend in Darwin who was the Queen's Rep? Governor? Governor General Something of that nature. And that area was amazing. There were road trains, no rail, the Dream Waters, Katherine River Gorge Fanny Bay with its infinite supply of Crocs....This was all before the place was torn down by the typhoon. I've never been back, too many friends were killed and, now, as I look at the pictures, it's not the up and at 'em sort of place it was. I remember flying in and out on AnsettANA and, when we landed at Alice, they first put up netting  before they opened the ventral staircase the bugs were so bad.

A long, long time ago......Sorry to take up your time with wool gathering.

Ah yes, Lorne has change A LOT since then, it is now a party town during the summer months, it starts in November with the "schoolies" (kids finishing high school) and from then it pretty much turns into a Tourist town until March/April and then goes into hibernation until the summer again. But New years eve is massive down there as well, there has been known to be lots of trouble down that way but it seemed to be pretty good this year.

I think it I go to the Northern Territory I would never come back haha, it just really seems to be my kind of place. Hot most of the time, work hard, play hard, just sounds great to me... but the flies! It always surprises me how they just seem to multiple into the billions during the warmer months! Even down in Victoria...

@ Tom, that's pretty cool!

I lived in Darwin for a few years -- the Queen's rep is the Administrator.

The Queens representative is the Governor-Genera. But in actually researching, the Administrator is appointed by the Governor-General, is I guess a representative of the representative of the Queen... lol! So there you go, you learn something new every day!

As American CItizen's we do need to have a passport  to cross over into Canada or Mexico as is also needed to go to other countries. I need to renew mine again in 2016. We used to be able to get by just producing a copy of a birth ceritficate. Actually I think it is much easier to just have a passport even though they are not cheapto obtain.

It makes it easier for them to control who goes across the border too, I mean, with just a birth certificate alone you could really be anyone crossing the border! At least the passport has photo ID.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2013, 10:57:20 PM »
I saw a doco on TV about being a paramedic in Mexico and in that doco they went from mexico to US [don't know which state] and they had to show documents to the US blokes and they had to wait for several hours to cross because of stringent measures the US blokes were taking --  probably looking for drugs and stuff.

But when they went back into Mexico they didn't have to show anything or even slow down -- just drove straight across a bridge at speed after passing a big billboard that read 'No More Weapons'. Can any US bloke tell me whether this is real -- can you just drive straight over like that? Could be handy for Walter White.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2013, 07:22:12 AM »
Sounds about right. I recently had occasion to go from Tombstone to Ciudad Nogales and we went right thru. Northbound is quite a different story.

Offline wetbiker7

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: Being Sly bald on passports or drivers license
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2013, 05:14:23 AM »
Living in California which borders with Mexico, i can definitely say that leaving the US is much easier that entering. Sometimes I think it would be much easier to come back over the border into the US with a bunch of illegals. They don't seem to have much trouble entering the US at all. Lol.

As for being sly on my ID, I've never really thought about it. I've had it taken with and w/o hair and have never had any trouble with people believing it was me or not. They always say they can tell it's me by looking at my smile. Lol:P

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2013, 09:18:24 AM »
My driver's license photo is a shot of me at 22; I'm 30 now.  Not only do I no longer have long hair, I imagine my face looks a bit different.

I haven't had any comments on using my ID since going sly.  Pre sly I'd get a comment every once in a while about how I should go back to having blonde highlights like in the license photo.

Just realized my passport is expired so I don't have to worry about that photo matching my current appearance, since I'll need a new one anyway, but my license is still good for another 4 years and I'm just so...lazy... about bureaucratic stuff like that.  Toss up as to what I'll end up doing, probably update my passport for international travel and just leave the license as is.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »
It's just in the past few years that passports were required for crossing to Canada and Mexico.

Previously, a drivers license was sufficient, but no longer.

Now if you are an illegal immigrant, then you don't need an ID. Just let yourself in.Seems boarder patrol is prohibited from controlling access to illegals.

There is an exception to having a passport in order to cross back and forth between the US and Canada by land and sea.  It is the "Enhanced Drivers License".  Not everybody in the US or Canada can get one.  You have to be a resident of the following states and provinces to be able to get one: Michigan, New York, Vermont, Washington, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec.  In Washington, where I live, I believe they cost $15 more than a standard drivers license.  It is a cheaper alternative to the passport.  Here is the link to the information:

http://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers-licenses-what-are-they

MarshalArtist

Re: Re: Re: Being Sly bald on passports or drivers license
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2013, 08:25:54 PM »
Hey, I was wondering the other day if USA citizens need a passport to just go to Canada or Mexico. Perhaps you can just use a driver's licence or something like that??
No, actually. You just need something to prove you are a US citizen.  In border states we have an advanced DL that works for Canada, Mexico, and most caribbean nations.  France as well.
The trouble is not getting into Canada, it's with trying to come back home.  Canadian citizens need a passport or government ID to come here, but not to get home.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2013, 12:51:46 AM »
Passports in the UK and never had any trouble , both do show me sly , but I have lapsed .
Currently sly for 14 days

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2013, 06:18:15 AM »
Now I'm officially bald I just got my renewed passport with a photo of my shaved head. My drivers license photo has had me with a shaved head since 2005

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2013, 05:58:39 PM »
Hair colour refers to eyebrows, armpits, crotch etc

Let it say whatever on the document. As long as your pic lines up.

Enter your email address: