Author Topic: 2nd head blade sport shave  (Read 1930 times)

Offline 50plus

• Sly
2nd head blade sport shave
« on: October 08, 2013, 11:57:26 PM »
Went really well. Did take it easy though. Was closer still probably due to shaving two nights in a row.

Nothing much to say only that 2 shaves in and I feel much better at it already. It does clean out easier than other razors I've used. Not sure why but I'm not complaining.

3rd shave tonight. Promise I won't give a review each day. Who wants that! Perhaps the next couple.

Cheers everyone.

Offline skram

• Sly
Re: 2nd head blade sport shave
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
Good to hear it is working out for you.

I've been using the HB Sport for almost 2 years now myself.

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 03:16:56 AM »
thanks scram.

I will say it's not the super smooth shave I would like BUT I'm extremely easy on the pressure
and looking at a few videos here and there everyone seems to be pressing noticeably more than
me. I'll ease into it.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 05:52:32 AM »
The key I find is to apply the pressure over the wheels instead of the blade. Keeping the wheels in close contact causes the blade to follow the contours of the head closely. 

I also shave front to back and then back to front.  I need the against the grain pass to make it smooth.

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 03:45:48 PM »
Thanks again skram,
interesting i have done a few light passes against the grain with no real issue. I think I'm just waiting for the skin to fully calm down which should happen after the treatment is complete. You may of read about my scarring alopecia issue in previous discussions. Having said that the scalp is looking pretty good with definitely no irritation due to shaving. All the best …

I'll take on board your comment about applying pressure over the wheels from here on and see how I go.

Enter your email address: