Author Topic: 1st head blade sport shave  (Read 2105 times)

Offline 50plus

• Sly
1st head blade sport shave
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:11:22 AM »
Just realised I was probably in the wrong section earlier - sorry.

As I said got the HB Sport today along with Head Slick shave cream. Finished first shave and posting my (brief) review.

It's a deceiving little sod isn't it. Stuck with my plan to let the blade do the work and while doing so found myself thinking that  this isn't doing much. Well, it's the closest shave ever. Consider too I wasn't pressing down just resting fingers on top and keeping wheels in contact with scalp at all times.

It's going to take a few shaves I think to adjust to the new hold compared to a regular razor but that's to be expected. This was a bit evident around the ears where things felt a bit strange.

Mostly with the grain with a second and third pass here and there as felt pretty nice as it contours the head.

It's sort of nice not having to adjust the angle as per regular razors.

Head Slick was good too - don't need much and very soothing as it washed off leaving a nice feel.

So seems like this is the one for now. I like it. And no cuts or anything like that so the angle must be right.

See how I go after a few more shaves.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 1st head blade sport shave
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 04:58:07 AM »
Great news! The HB can be daunting at first but I still think it is the best head shaving tool out there.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 08:05:06 AM »
Glad you enjoy th HB never got on with it myself

Offline Duurti

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »
Glad it's working out for ya.

I've got the ATX and I haven't been overly impressed so far. It does the job. Just not any better or quicker than my regular Fusion razor. I can see how it could be quicker though since the actual act of running it over the head is so natural compared to a regular razor. I just wish I didn't always have to touch up so many spots with the Fusion. Which leads me to.....

Since this is a head shaving device, why isn't the blade head slightly curved?

I know people with a fairly flat face. Meaning certain zones are semi-flat. And cheeks have some give to them since there is more beneath the skin then bone.

But a head is pretty rigid. And even if I've been called a block-head a time or two, I've never actually seen anyone with a flat head. The skin layer is thick and then you got bone. So there isn't the give you'd have with a cheek or neck or throat.

I feel the headblades could be so much more efficient if they had even a slight curvature to the blade head. I know there are razors out there that "flex" to allow a little curve to them. Wouldn't this just make so much more sense on a razor created for a "round" head?

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 01:27:56 AM »
Funny you say that Dirrty as while shaving I was thinking exactly that (should of been in my review). Make no mistake the H Blade Sport is not perfect and that's one reason I guess.

I can picture a future HB (or other) having contoured blades but then again don't we all have slightly different dome shapes? The flex in the Head Blade does address this somewhat so what the future holds? Don't know.

Second shave tonight will be really steady and light as I was only going to shave every 2nd day but last night resulted in no irritation or anything and I like the close feel. Cheers everyone

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 01:34:01 AM »
Apologies. It's 'Duurti' ..not what I wrote.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 04:18:32 AM »
I've been using the HB Sport for almost 2 years. Nice razor.  There is a learning curve, but once you get it .... it's my favorite razor.

Enough that I use the HB mugs at work. Have the HB logo/decal on my moped.  Wear the HB hoodie jacket in cool weather.

And I give out the head blade coupons rather freely.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 07:11:25 AM »
Glad youlike the HB  its a non consumated marriage for me never got on with HB