Author Topic: Andrew Zimmern  (Read 5201 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Andrew Zimmern
« on: July 09, 2007, 06:35:40 PM »
not sure if you would call him a celebrity. but he is one bad ass sly dude. andrew zimmern host the bizarre foods show on the travel channel. that dude has a cast iron stomach. and he looks like the average sly guy. cause with the exception of a few, we are mostly all average guys. maybe alittle over weight, or not quite 6'4". you guys know what i mean. i just like watching this heavy, happy, bald guy travel all over and eat crazy crap.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 06:54:03 PM by PBurke »

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Andrew Zimmern
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 12:55:59 AM »
Good find Paulie!  I saw him on TV the other day and thought "there is no way I could do his job!"
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 05:22:10 AM »
Interesting sly guy there paulie, gonna have to catch his next show
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 07:09:33 AM »
i saw one last night where he was in trinidad and tobago. this cat cut the heart out of a fish and ate it raw with a little salt and lemon juice. guess that is like sushi.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 07:11:36 AM »
i saw one last night where he was in trinidad and tobago. this cat cut the heart out of a fish and ate it raw with a little salt and lemon juice. guess that is like sushi.

I'll take your word for it. :P
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Chico D

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 11:18:17 AM »
Yeah I saw part of it too....when he went to that Sause King or whatever, and ate that cold cow skin soup....sounded real appetizing

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 03:46:53 PM »
My wife could do that stuff...crazy.

They have a Filipino dish called Balut that is a fertilized duck egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell.  I saw her mom and aunt eating it once.  Almost hurled... !*u%e

I did eat a live crab once.  It was a dare that I did while out eating sushi.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »

They have a Filipino dish called Balut that is a fertilized duck egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell.  I saw her mom and aunt eating it once.  Almost hurled... !*u%e

Sweet mother of &*%$

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 03:45:58 PM »
What the #&$%!     !*u%e

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 01:40:23 AM »
Yes, you see that correctly!  Imagine what it looks and smells like in real life!!

jusbnme

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 02:51:25 AM »

No disrespect to your wife's culture what-so-ever but dude...  Wow-Wee-Wow-Wow-Wow.  Holy sh**balls bat man.   :o :o :o

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 02:59:02 AM »
No disrespect to your wife's culture what-so-ever but dude...  Wow-Wee-Wow-Wow-Wow.  Holy sh**balls bat man.   :o :o :o

None taken man!  If you only knew what I was thinking when I saw them eating that. 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 05:03:22 AM »
Tyler did you end up having some Balut bro?

I ate one at a Filipino food stall here in Sydney once and if you get past what it is, it is very tasty.

BTW Andrew Zimmern's show Bizarre Foods is a fav of mine. I watch him every Sunday at 8:30. His show in Spain was amazing.

The worst thing that I have seen him eat was basically rancid spoilt unknown meat in its own fat that is cooked with eggs and eaten for breakfast.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 09:28:41 PM »
Tyler did you end up having some Balut bro?

Um, NO!  No thank you!  I think I'm going to  !*u%e

Though, I did eat raw fish guts when I was in Japan.  That wasn't the best tasting thing either.  I also ate a live shore crab once because some dude bet me to in a sushi joint.  Damn thing pinched my cheek before I could bite down on him.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 10:00:04 AM »
I missed this post on bald celebs until now.  Anyway, I just saw Andrew Zimmern on the Today Show this morning.  I am going to have to catch this show.  I was on his website and saw him in Alaska where he was preparing jellied moose snout......EWWWW!  But he does rock the sly look!

Enter your email address: