Author Topic: IT'S COLD!  (Read 22346 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: IT'S COLD!
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2006, 10:00:58 AM »
It is the high altitude that does it.  One of my coldest/miserable memories is from El Capitan Mountains.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2006, 10:30:53 AM »

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2006, 11:37:09 AM »
Speaking of which.....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/12/27/denver.storm/index.html

Dang - you can't get a break can you?  At least all the shoveling will help with your weight loss.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2006, 04:56:39 PM »
We're supposed to be getting another storm too. I'm a pessimist when it comes to New Mexico weather though, it's always changing.

We got hammered when Denver did and it only takes a few inches to shut the city down. They let everyone go home early the day it started snowing and then told us it would be fine if we were late the next day. Over half of the customers scheduled that day cancelled anyway.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2006, 05:41:55 PM »
From my years in New Mexico, the only weather that I would count on was it will snow during spring break.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2006, 08:55:21 PM »
From my years in New Mexico, the only weather that I would count on was it will snow during spring break.

When I was a kid I remember it snowed for several easters in a row. Never failed, we could get absolutely nothing all winter and then BAM! snow on easter
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Al Smith

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2007, 02:19:26 PM »
If only it was cold enough to think about hats here in the UK. It has been so mild I haven't needed a coat during alot of December and even now only need a light jacket over a shirt for work. Unfortunately we aren't having warm pleasant state weather, just very grey rainy Brit weather that makes the winter drag on with extra S.A.D.ness.

My daughter (Rebekah, aged 9) wants to have a white Christmas like we had occasionally when I was a lad. Didn't have any this year, or any of her previous 8 years, and doesn't look like it is going to in the near future if you believe the global warming doom merchants.

I wear a 'buff' when I go out into the hills or in the sun - but not in pirate fashion.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2007, 04:46:35 PM »
I DEFINITELY FEEL YOU HERE!  Living in Phoenix, people don't realize that there is very little to keep the heat in at night, so I will go out for an evening of drinkin' with my buddies, and ofcourse it turns into a night of it... I will be on my way home and I will be SHIVERING!  I have heard most the heat of your body is lost out the top of your dome, but I have experienced that first hand.  Now when I am going out and about, I always carry a Beanie with me now that my Sis got me for a Christmas a few years back (Love you Sis  :@`)... It looks pretty dope, its durable, and no matter the weather it gets the job done.  Dark Gray with a Emblem I wear off to the side that reads "FREE MOVING" with a snowflake at the bottom.  They aught to make one of those "WE SALUTE YOU..." commercials for the man who invented the Beanie!  I'll Drink To Him Tonight!
Peace

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2007, 08:30:24 PM »
I really understand the cold head thing.  Living here in Wyoming it is cold for several months out of the year and when it warms up a little the wind blows so hard that it still doesn't feel warm.  I just wear a beanie and keep warm that way.  Besides, I have found that I would rather wear a beanie than worry about the 50 MPH winds destroying my carefully constructed combover.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2007, 09:23:19 PM »
I really understand the cold head thing.  Living here in Wyoming it is cold for several months out of the year and when it warms up a little the wind blows so hard that it still doesn't feel warm.  I just wear a beanie and keep warm that way.  Besides, I have found that I would rather wear a beanie than worry about the 50 MPH winds destroying my carefully constructed combover.

Well said my brother, Last I checked, a Combover never looked that good swaying in the breeze.  Big Ups to you!  O0
Peace

Offline iBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2007, 07:53:21 PM »
I decided to originaly shave it off because of cold weather. :o

I decided that I wouldn't have beanie hair if I choped it off. It worked, then I got lazzy and regrew my hair till a few months ago.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2007, 10:42:17 PM »
Yeah, I get the beenie deal but... if I don't shave for a day I get velcro head and man, it's a real pain to get that beenie on!   ;D

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2007, 04:39:07 PM »
Yeah, I get the beenie deal but... if I don't shave for a day I get velcro head and man, it's a real pain to get that beenie on!   ;D
Brother, I hear that.  Wake up early to hit the Gym, and let me say, this thing collects all the lint from inside my Hoodie/fleece on its way out the neck whole. 
Peace