Author Topic: Movember foolishness  (Read 7467 times)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Movember foolishness
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 06:07:29 AM »
Maybe I just have been under a rock for the last several years, but I had not heard of this until this thread.

There is no publicity or mention of it in my area.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline WarrenC

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Bald since August 2013
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 08:02:46 AM »
I would at some point love to get involved in Movember, but I couldn't go clean shaven to do it. I haven't been clean shaven for about two years (unless you count very short, trimmed stubble as clean shaven) and i'm not going to be any time soon.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »
I don't worry about shaving my beard I just think I look pretty minging without and choose not to, luckily the length it is within a couple of days I have stubble and it's back within a week

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »
Anyone hear of No Shave November?

www.noshember.com/pages/rules.php
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 05:59:58 PM »
If the women decide not to shave their legs, I don't want to see it (not even pictures)!!   !*u%e !*u%e   

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »
Anyone hear of No Shave November?

www.noshember.com/pages/rules.php

Sounds like it runs two months, not just one.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 11:42:02 PM »
I'm doing Movember this year.  Just not sure what style I'll go for (meaning a month of a shaggy mess most likely!)

If anyone wants to watch my slow progress I'm at http://ex.movember.com/mospace/7908865

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 12:45:26 PM »
I've heard of both but mainly hear it referred to as "No Shave November".  Maybe I'm dense but I thought the Mo in "Movember" had something to do with mowing the hair at the end, but it probably stands for mustache.  Mustaches aren't very popular at least where I am so I guess that's why it is referred to with the more beard-friendly "No Shave November" name.  I guess it's a nice idea so that people can pretend to be male for a month out of the year  >:D  :D
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
@Mike re shaved legs.  Well, since I'm not into women, I don't care if they shave their legs or not.  I'll say, from a gut level, that I think of men as having hairy bodies and women not (yes, that's an often inaccurate generalization), so my mind is fixed on that.  Still, if I were a woman, I probably wouldn't want to go thru the grooming routine (make-up, shaving).  It also depends on how hairy the area is to begin with.  I already stated that men with shaved bodies were turn-offs for me (not bad, just not attractive to me), but I got trounced for being judgemental!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 05:51:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure that no shave November and Movember are not the same thing, despite both bring in November.

For me it's really difficult to not be able to shave properly for a month, as I REALLY enjoy shaving, but I figure it's a small thing compared to raising money to help in the fight against prostate and testicular cancer.

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »
You know, there are people out there (or so I am told) that would think it quite odd that a group of men who have no problem shaving their heads can't bring themselves to shave their faces.  Just sayin'.

I thought it was merely a condition that I have.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Aussie Sly Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly Since March 2011
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »
You know, there are people out there (or so I am told) that would think it quite odd that a group of men who have no problem shaving their heads can't bring themselves to shave their faces.  Just sayin'.

Yes, I have been told by a few people that my head is on upside down.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 10:28:55 AM »

Yes, I have been told by a few people that my head is on upside down.

I like to think that my hair just slipped down a bit.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »
Yeah movember is well known where i am from so is no shave november i could never do a mustache i might do movember one year but i dont know yet...i had a full mustache when i was 12 though (seriously no joke lol)...not cause i wanted it cause i didnt start shaving yet lol but i think i stick with no shave november even though i have some type of beard anyway.
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Enter your email address: