Author Topic: The Way of Sly..for me?  (Read 7232 times)

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
Re: The Way of Sly..for me?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 08:53:49 AM »
good luck and looking forward to update pics !

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 11:50:38 AM »
Good luck sir and hope you enjoy the whiskey and the shave!

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »
A whiskey barber store! this sound amazing! Well if it's  :*))you that gets the whiskey - not sure I'd want the barber to have whiskey before he come at me with a sharp razor!!

Offline LuckyJim

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »
Do you know I didn't think to ask the barber before I got the shave. I couldn't smell any booze on his breath though...!

As you can see from my profile picture I've embraced the sly look. I've shaved it myself the last couple of days. What can I say? I really like the sly look! I'm still getting the hang of shaving it myself (tend to cut myself numerous times which is a pain). Despite this I love it and I'm going to keep it! I'll just have to wake up a little earlier in the mornings..hopefully my speed amd proficiency with a blade will increase in time.

On a side note, could anyone provide me with a link to a shaving brush (preferably on Amazon) that I might purchase? My budget isn't that big so I'm looking for a good quality shaving brush at a reasonable price. Many thanks!

Offline Slystone

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »
Clearly a fashion statement. Looks cool.  Hang in there.  It can always grow back.
Looking sharp
SBS
 O0

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 01:36:03 PM »
Looks great and it's removed that annoying shadow, which is a bonus as that's the reminder of the MPB. The cuts happen, I still do it. What have colleagues said, as I know you were worried?

Can't help on the  brush as I don't use one

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:52:48 PM by Slyest »

Offline LuckyJim

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 01:51:14 PM »
Looks great and it's removed that annoying shadow, which is a bonus as that's the reminder of the MPB. The cuts happen, I still do it. What have colleagues said, as I know you were worried?

can;t help on the save brush as I don't use one

Thanks Slyest! To be honest my self-confidence and self-worth have actually increased now that I've removed that pesky MPB shadow. Another bonus (at least I think it is) is that I've noticed more women look at me. In fact the day I had it done when I got on the bus home, a very beautiful blonde got off the bus before I got on and she looked at me for a good 5 seconds without looking away...I'm not sure however if this was because she liked my bald noggin or found it a little strange. Either way I consider it an improvement to get noticed!

As for work colleagues, a couple that I told about my shave remarked that it looked fine, apart from that no one has said anything. I guess I had it cut so short before that the change wasn't really all that significant. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:54:28 PM by LuckyJim »

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »
Make the most of it ! Glad you're feeling more confident

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »
Your hairline is similar to mine, except that mine is not receding. I just like it bald, so I shave it close every morning. Bald looks good on you.  Family is probably fussing because they don't know how really good you will look bald. Give them 30 days or more to adjust.  Looks good to me.

Welcome to SBG. Ask questions. Get answers. The guys here are friendly.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2013, 04:18:42 PM »
LJ, you look great, man! Congratulations! As far as a brush, they should sell them at most shaving shops...some drugstores even carry them. But if you want a more expensive one Amazon and The Italian Barber are two websites that can get you a good deal on a brush. Good Luck and keep it sly!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »
Your hairline is similar to mine, except that mine is not receding. I just like it bald, so I shave it close every morning. Bald looks good on you.  Family is probably fussing because they don't know how really good you will look bald. Give them 30 days or more to adjust.  Looks good to me.

Welcome to SBG. Ask questions. Get answers. The guys here are friendly.

What Shadow ?  It looks like you've been sly for years with that confident look and eye frames !  Don't go backwards !  Keep it sly !

Offline LuckyJim

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 07:06:59 AM »
Thank you for all the kind comments gentleman! The transition was made so much easier after discussing it first on here. It's quite comforting to know there is such a supportive community as this one rooting for me.

As for the shaving brush I think I've seen some at a tobacconist for about £35/40, so I think I'll invest in one of those. When my barber used one the application of shaving foam seemed consistent and even, which would be helpful when time is of the essence (in the morning before work).

Offline luckyone824

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 06:38:59 PM »
The shaved head look doesn't suit a lot of people, including me, but you can definitely rock it. Also, your glasses are awesome!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2013, 09:08:10 PM »
LuckyJim does rock the look, but the rest is bullcrap, in my opinion: most guys will suit the sly look. And it's always an improvement over a combover.

Offline Slystone

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:40 PM »
So here goes again... want to get a sense what is recommended to bring out that nice shine in the AM... just wondering as I play around and try some things.  Now shaving in the shower.. great feel- nice and hot.  Then I touch up at the sink to make sure that I don't miss any spots.
That velcro feel in the PM.. strange. Feels like hair..but it really isn't.
Happy to be Sly after 35 days and counting. I have already announced to my wife.. we are going to put the $30 a month in a cookie jar (no more haircuts) and take a nice trip next year!
Bye for now.