Author Topic: Pirates!  (Read 2607 times)

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
Pirates!
« on: September 01, 2013, 09:07:21 AM »
  Great for baseball to see Pittsburgh doing so well and succeeding in a tough division. The Pirates have been down for a long time and they are back to being a solid and tough team to play against. Hoping for the Pirates to be there for the national league in the world series.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Pirates!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »
Seeing as the Phillies aren't going to be there I guess I'll root for the other Pennsylvania team.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »
A's vs Pirates World Series!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 06:30:28 PM »
I'm a lifelong Pirates fan (I grew up in Pittsburgh) and the last 20 years have been a real slog.  Last year we were just hoping for a winning season, but the collapse after July was excruciatingly painful.  This year has been great.

Schro, I'd love to see the Pirates and the A's in the World Series.  If it happens, we'll have to have a friendly wager!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 08:01:09 PM »
Npsbg,  another pittsburgher.  Due to severe hay fever when living in Pittsburgh, I enjoy living elsewhere.  Not a sports fan here, but I'll root for the Pittsburgh symphony.  You can almost hear the crack of the bat in Heinz Hall during the quiet passages.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
Allergies and Pittsburgh are a natural combination or so it seems.  The Pittsburgh Symphony is great too...and Heinz Hall is just across the Roberto Clemente (6th Street) Bridge from PNC Park, so if you didn't hear the crack of the bat, you'd hear the fireworks after each victory.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 04:54:44 AM »
I find it amazing that when I get south of West Virginia, the allergies clear up!  And they were not an issue in Alaska (although some people had issues there).

Last PGH symphony that I went to, they were RECODING the performance for WQED.  They asked the ballpark to suspend or delay the fireworks so as to not interfere with the recording.  They did.

Traffic downtown was horrible, pre-game/concert.  Allowed 2 hours for the normally 30 minute drive. We probably should have walked from Monroeville to the concert.  (joke).

Enter your email address: