Author Topic: NFL..............HERE WE GO!  (Read 3629 times)

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
NFL..............HERE WE GO!
« on: September 08, 2013, 07:07:51 AM »
  The start of the NFL season is here.............doesn't get any better than this. Here is to a great season of football,whoever you root for.

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
Re: NFL..............HERE WE GO!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 08:44:09 AM »
A lot of potential for the Bears this year. Just have to stay healthy(Which seems impossible at times), protect Cutler(Which seems impossible at times) and hope he doesn't go into cry baby mode(You get the point).  Our 3 best offensive players are an unreliable bunch.  Cutler and Marshall are Divas and Forte is always prone to injury.  If he stays healthy though he is in the top 3 with Foster and Peterson in terms of overall production and skill, plus he's as reliable as anyone in the league when healthy.  This could be our year if things fall into place but there are a lot of good to great teams in the league this year.  We always play the Packers very well but have fallen short the last few attempts.  The Vikings are a 500 team with Ponder maybe a game or 2 better if Peterson has another great year.  The Lions are the Lions. 
Daaaa Bears!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:11:07 AM »
I'm thinking that there is something to Tressman's offensive scheme. I watched the 24-21 come from behind win over the Bengals yesterday and I have to say that I was impressed. The one pick that Cutler threw was caused by a DL grabbing the left shoulder as he was releasing, plus it looked like the receiver broke right instead of left. I heard that Tressman brought in his QB from Montreal who had something like 88,000 career passing yards (can that be right?) to talk to Cutler about the offense and from what some of the commentators were saying it seems that Jay is buying into the plan. Of course this is a contract year for him so maybe he wants to go along with the program for that reason. But I was watching his facial expressions when he was on the sidelines and it seemed like he wasn't sitting off by himself brooding like that last few years, he really seemed to be more involved. Plus I saw him joking with some of his O linemen a few times while he was on the field. Marshall may be a diva but he can really catch and run and he has a gift for blocking out the DB when he's going for a ball. And a helluva catch for a TD by the tight end (can't remember the name but the number was 83). And Alshon Jeffrey seems to have grown a pair of hands since last year. The Bengals appeared to develop a "Peanut" allergy.....need I say more. The D looked pretty sharp.
They still have to deal with the Packers. I'm thinking they'll do better this year with them. The Vikes need a QB. I see the Lions as more of a threat this year than maybe a lot of people give them credit for. They looked tough in the preseason and Megatron is in a class by himself. He's too fast for the linebackers and too big for the corners. Last year they frustrated themselves out of a few wins. Hopefully they'll do the same against our beloved Bears this year.
P. S.: It's tough being a Bears fan in northern Wisconsin. I'll have no friends up here on November 4th or December 29th.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
All I know is, my Raiders showed some promise. I trust in the process that Reggie MacKenize has taken in cleaning up the salary cap mess that was left by (the late, great) Al Davis. Currently, the Raiders have $37 million in salaries being paid to players currently off the roster. Next season, they should be in a much better business position. But for now, maybe the NFL season won't be as bleak in Oakland as everyone has predicted.

That being said, it's still baseball season with the A's in First  O:O and the Giants in last :*)) !
Damn, I love it!
Go A's!!!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »
I love it when the Falcons lose....Especially at the hands of the Saints!....The NFC West is going to be a bloodbath this year with those great defenses....Even the Cardinals should be improved, they nearly pulled off the upset. It was a wild first week with the Jets and Titans pulling off upsets, and the Bills and Panthers nearly doing the same. Apparently, the AFC North didn't get the memo that the regular season started THIS weekend  ;D ;D ;D.....Talk about a division laying an egg!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:07:16 AM by Sir Harry »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Dmac

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 07:27:58 PM »
Sir Harry you're killing me smalls. Dirty birds will get you back

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 02:07:51 PM »
The Pats were disappointing to say the least. Their play was average to below average, a game the Bills should have won.

I'm no 'Skins fan but the Eagles cremated RG3, which rather surprised me. The NYGs losing in Dallas was something of a shocker too, but they kept tossing Dallas the keys (I mean 6 TO's will do that) and finally they got the motor running. Tom Coughlin said the first half was 'the worst football he'd ever seen' - he should have held that bit back since the 2nd half was even more abyssmal.

Two days off, then we're back at it! :)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 12:03:39 PM »
I'm always disappointed when the Giants lose to Dallas, but they pretty much handed them the game. Six turnovers will usually do that.
I hope the D gets back on track.