Author Topic: When did you start to lose your hair?  (Read 6627 times)

Offline DannyBoy

• Sly
Re: When did you start to lose your hair?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »
I was 16 nearly 17 coming to the end of school and having only GCSEs coming up...i was at the hairdressers and my hair was very long and full at this point...i remember the barber was finishing off and i realised something was wrong but i couldnt put my finger on it so i shrugged it off...but next time i went to get it cut (still same age etc) i started to notice my hair was coming out...it was in the front area (not the hairline) like a patch developing.

As time went on i started to recede and i receded until i met the patch...by 19 i had a "island" of hair at the front of my head more time went on that got weaker by 21 the front was pretty much gone...year on and my pics kinda speak for itself now while i still have hair at the back (my hairline starts in the middle of my head) you can hardly see it cause i shave it (i grew it out now a bit though im like a number 2) it is getting thin there now though think it started at 21 to be honest.

My reaction wasnt good though i never really cared for my hair when i had it and i never hated the bald look or thought it was weird thanks to the people i knew growing up and people i liked on TV...if anything i didnt want to be judged i was already bullied at this point and i didnt want to be bullied even more...i had crap hairstyles (no combovers) to try and hide it but at 18 i saw my refelection thought it was stupid so next day i cut it short...i stopped caring about others opinions at this point and as time went on it got shorter and shorter now im pretty much bald.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:56:54 PM by DannyBoy »
It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 12:39:06 AM »
I had hair past my shoulders at age 17/18.  I actually digged the metal look and wanted to keep it forever.  At one point during the summer months, I buzzed it due to the high maintenance of long hair combined with excessive humidity and working outside.  I noticed as it started to grow back that it was considerably thinner than I remembered it being, sadly.

So I guess you could say I started keeping my hair very short around 19 years old, and by age 20 it was noticeably thinning.  at that point I said f**k it, I'm a sly guy now.   ;D

Offline Amgoody

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 12:09:07 AM »
Homie, consider yourself lucky. I started losing my hair with male pattern baldness at 13. By sophomore year in high school, I had no frontal hairline and a bald spot on my crown.l

It wasn't easy at all, it's a lot easier nowadays. I lost my hair in the 90s when there weren't awesome forums like this, Google had just been invented, and there was no camera phones. I managed to finish high school, but it was really tough. All of my friends in high school, pretty much laughed at me for going bald. I became anti social in school after that because I didn't kick having to talk about why I was losing my hair.
I wish back then , I had a time machine back then because it definitely gets eAsier as you get older. Once you get 25, you'll notice a lot of your friends going bald. And hair won't be as vital as it was when you were younger. Just work out, it became a lot easier for me to date woman after I got in shape.