Author Topic: the Horsehoe Ponytail!!!!  (Read 5872 times)

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
the Horsehoe Ponytail!!!!
« on: July 08, 2007, 04:29:48 PM »
I seen this 2X today....

WTF???? :D :D

I think this is worse than a comb-over!!!! :*))

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: the Horsehoe Ponytail!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »
have you seen a horseshoe mullet? i saw one and the dude told me that he would never have the guts to shave his head. i almost fell out laughing at him.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

JohnMont

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »
Did you see the thread in this section on 'MPB and long hair'?  A  lot of the same sentiments you express are found there.  Yes; in my opinion a bald guy with a pony tail is worse than a combover, total denial; trying to 'stay young' ...   Give me the clean honest look of a sly guy ( or near sly in my case) anytime!

John

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 04:46:08 PM »
have you seen a horseshoe mullet? i saw one and the dude told me that he would never have the guts to shave his head. i almost fell out laughing at him.

I've never seen one, but I could picture it and LMAO :*))

Is it just me or does anyone tend to look at other men's hair now and judge them? i.e. are they wearing a piece, why don't they shave it all off, etc.,etc.?

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »
don't know if it judgemental. but do find myself noticing crap like that now and wanting to say "Just shave it bro"

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 07:11:57 PM »
I think wearing a horseshoe mullet or ponytail should be a hanging offense.   As for combovers, I see some of the old guys in the locker room at the gym, doing all sorts of elaborate things to get their combovers back in place after they shower.  It's like watching a train wreck.  You don't want to watch but you can't help it. :-\

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 10:57:21 PM »

I think that's also referred to as the "skullet."    :*))

I saw a front to back, slick back type comb-over today.  I was wearing my shirt and just gave him a grin and pointed at it when the guy looked over at me.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 11:23:10 PM »
I find myself all the time making a mental comment like 'boy he needs to shave his head,' or I just say it to my wife if she is with me.  She doesn't see it as black and white as I do saying that not everyone has to shave their heads.  From my perspective, I bet a huge majority of guys who are losing their hair think about it often, and some obviously obsess over it.  After all, there would probably be no combovers or other 'creative' ways used to 'disguise' hair loss if guys were not bummed over their situation.  A normal person who doesn't give a flip would probably buzz their hair.  For the non-buzzed hair loss guy, I just feel bad because he has no idea the liberating feeling of shaving it completely.  There is just no way to describe it unless you've done it.  That's why I find it impossible to not spot these guys immediately.  I'm still looking for my first convert.  The closest I've gotten is to convince a coworker that he should shave it all off instead of having a very close buzz -- in that case, there wasn't much of a leap (similar to JohnMont), so I don't consider that a conversion.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 11:41:35 AM »
horseshoe ponytail.............WOW.....all i gotta say is i'm GLAD that the "horseshoe ponytail"guys can't read minds....because when i do c them i'm LMAO :*)) :*)) :*)) (in my mind of course).   :D :D :D

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 09:00:59 AM »
I actually saw a guy in the gym locker room the other day, standing under a hair dryer combing out his shoulder length MPB fringe.  He was totally slick on top -- and totally in denial, sort of like "If I let it grow real long maybe nobody will notice that there's nothing on top."   ??? ???  when he was finished drying it, he tied it up in a ponytail.  It was really kind of sad.  Hardly anybody does the skullet anymore (thank goodness), and he would have looked really good sly.  I'm guessing he was mid-to-late 40s and if he were sly he would have looked late-30ish.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 10:38:29 AM »
my son and i went to the wal mart yesterday and picked the game MOUSE TRAP. classic game right? the little dude in the game has a bad horseshoe. i laughed my butt off when i saw that. just wanted to pass that on.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 11:21:36 AM »
I was in walmart last night myself...and this is funny.  I walk up to where they have the sunglasses...there is this dude...he has a slick head.  He is tryin on sunglasses and stuff.  I can tell he wants to say something but he doesnt.  Its like one of those things...what do you say.  I finally was ready to just say sunglasses finish the look off when this dude walks up between us.  He has the worlds worst skullet asyou all call it.  His hair around his horseshoe was all wirey and sticking out everywhere and he just stands there in the middle of us like we werent even there.  I look over at the other sly bro..he looks at me and we both at the same time..look at the freaky looking dude...and say...DUDE SHAVE IT OFF!  The dude was deaf...he didnt hear a word we said...finally he looks at as and flips us off and walks off!  Me and the other sly bro...just stand there like ..YOU PRICK! lol

JohnMont

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 11:37:59 AM »
I was in walmart last night myself...and this is funny.  I walk up to where they have the sunglasses...there is this dude...he has a slick head.  ...   I finally was ready to just say sunglasses finish the look off when this dude walks up between us.  He has the worlds worst skullet asyou all call it.  His hair around his horseshoe was all wirey and sticking out everywhere and he just stands there in the middle of us like we werent even there.  I look over at the other sly bro..he looks at me and we both at the same time..look at the freaky looking dude...and say...DUDE SHAVE IT OFF!  The dude was deaf...he didnt hear a word we said...finally he looks at as and flips us off and walks off!  Me and the other sly bro...just stand there like ..YOU PRICK! lol

Sometimes truth is much stranger (and better ! ) than fiction.  No one could have made up this story !
John

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 11:48:45 AM »
Hard to believe that they can't look into a mirror and realize that they look like crap.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 11:53:22 AM »
Hard to believe that they can't look into a mirror and realize that they look like crap.

It is amazing the capacity people have to delude themselves.  I could understand it, in a way, if they are in the early stages of hair loss.  I can remember when mine started going.  I had really thick hair and it started thinning very slowly, so it took a long time to become noticeable.  I can remember the first time I could see my scalp through my hair -- but it could only be done if I was standing under a very bright light.  Nobody else could tell.  Gradually, as the hair continues to thin and recede, that changes -- and you're never quite sure when you're at the point where it's noticeable because no one will tell you.  Then one day you catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror or see a photograph and realize that it's much worse than you'd thought.

You're right, though -- when it gets to the point where there are large areas of scalp that are completely bald, the game is over.