Author Topic: Head Lube Glossy  (Read 4846 times)

Offline Bald Stanley

• Learning the way of Sly
Head Lube Glossy
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:52:52 AM »
I ordered head lube glossy online last week and it came yesterday.   It is incredible for the shine it gives your shaved head.  I have thick dark hair and I work really hard at losing the shadow.   The glossy look reflects the light and makes the shadow way less obvious.    Plus I really love having a shining dome. 

To me it makes a huge difference but no one seems to have noticed.

BTW if anyone can give me advice on posting a picture, that would be great.  I tried browsing from modifying my profile but it hasn't worked.

Thanks.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Head Lube Glossy
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »
I agree on the head lube glossy!  But have also found some sugar scrubs which give a run for the money. Buy them at our farmer's market.

Photos? Use irfanview.exe to resize them to about 50 or 60 k.  Then they will post.

Irfanview is a free download. Good software.

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:04:38 AM »
I got a bottle of it too...but I don't notice it being any more glossy in parts where it's not glossy/shiny already. I take a dab and rub it into my smooth dome. Maybe I need to use a little more? Or is there a technique you chaps are using I am missing?

Offline Aussie Sly Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Sly Since March 2011
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 04:50:05 AM »
I tried the headlube glossy the other day and I think I'll just stick with my aloe Vera gel. I get a better shine with the aloe and it doesn't make my head feel greasy afterwards like the headlube.

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 06:49:04 PM »
Stanley, your bald head looks really good!  I can't see any stubble, and there is a healthy shine.  You also obviously have figured out how to upload a photo.  Now, I'll see if I can manage it!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 08:25:57 PM »
Stanley,

Welcome to Sly Bald Guys. I am also a faithful user of Headblade glossy head lube. It does a great job and brings a sine to my dome that I like. The only problem I have is how to get it.  The one local source that carried it before is discontinuing it. It looks like I will need to order it on line. I use the Aloe Vera Gel after a shave as well as the glossy lube. IT is a great combination to bring about a great shine and  ot os also soothing.

Take care my friend and plese continue to post on SBG,

O0 O0 O0

Offline Roger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 12:12:45 AM »
Irfanview is a free download. Good software.

Good is an understatement.  I've been using Irfanview for as long as I can remember.  Arguably the best dang free program on the internet.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 05:55:52 AM »
If you click through the Head Blade advertisments on SBG when you order, you'll get a 20% discount, Joe. SBG will get a commission, too, so you can support the site through using the links. They ship quickly.  My local Walgreen's only carries a few of their products, so I buy most online.

I just used irfanview this week to help a lady at work.  She had a photo that was 17Meg and wanted to send it via e-mail.  Shrunk it to 600 pixels wide in no time and now it was about 35k. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 08:04:22 AM »
I will have to try it someday....But in the meantime, for those who may not be able to afford it, hairspray is a less expensive alternative....Not trying to discourage people from getting it, but this is for those members who are "penny pinchers"
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »
Its ok but I still prfer the spray oil stuff you get from african barbers

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 07:39:12 AM »
I use a dab of HeadLube Glossy, with a couple of drops of Hot Six Oil mixed in. I let it sit a few minutes and then buff with a chamois. So much shine!  8)
MikeC

Enter your email address: