Author Topic: YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE 80's IF:  (Read 69821 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE 80's IF:
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2007, 12:31:13 PM »
OK OK you all..you miss understood my post... I was talkin about two different things there...I know Valerie wasnt in the land of the lost...gezzzzzzzzzzzz....give the old guy a break LOL

OK, you're still new around here so you haven't figured out yet that you can't change subjects on us so abruptly; we have difficulty keeping up sometimes.   ;D ;D

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2007, 12:32:09 PM »
Ok, if you guys want a challenge of the 80's, I have a couple of questions fer ya:

Who played Bob Denvers sidekick in the TV show "Far Out Space Nuts"? (Extra bonus if you can tell me what type of rocket they lifted off with)

What TV show did the TV series "The Real Ghost Busters" parody when they got their mission?

Chuck McCann as barney.....NASA Lunar Module

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »
SOrry Im scatter brained sometimes...lol.....Wheel me to the nearest nursing home

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2007, 12:34:58 PM »

Dude...when I was 3 yrs old, my baby sitter watched the "nasty" show....Love American Style...

I remember seeing that a few times.  Most of the jokes went over my head.  I think I must caught it in reruns.

BigJimW

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2007, 12:39:09 PM »
Ok, if you guys want a challenge of the 80's, I have a couple of questions fer ya:

Who played Bob Denvers sidekick in the TV show "Far Out Space Nuts"? (Extra bonus if you can tell me what type of rocket they lifted off with)

What TV show did the TV series "The Real Ghost Busters" parody when they got their mission?

You got the first part right.  O0  But I'm referring to the actual rocket that was launched. Not the vessel they flew in.  ;)

Maybe this video will help:

And as an added bonus. There was a blooper I happened to notice. Tell me what it was and I'll give you a double kudos.  O0
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 12:42:04 PM by BigJimW »

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2007, 12:43:33 PM »
was it an Grumman Apollo LM?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2007, 12:44:26 PM »

You got the first part right.  O0  But I'm referring to the actual rocket that was launched. Not the vessel they flew in.  ;)

Maybe this video will help:

And as an added bonus. There was a blooper I happened to notice. Tell me what it was and I'll give you a double kudos.  O0

I was really beginning to feel lost because I don't remember Far Out Space Nuts at all.  And no wonder -- a Google search revealed that it ran for about half a season in 1975. 

http://www.bobdenver.com/Bob_s_Other_Series/Far_Out_Space_Nuts/far_out_space_nuts.html

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2007, 12:44:41 PM »
where can i get jobs like you guys and play with the "sly" guys all day?? :*))

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2007, 12:47:20 PM »

Anyplace that gives you something called "vacation days" so you can enjoy a long weekend once in a while.    ;D

BigJimW

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2007, 12:49:53 PM »
was it an Grumman Apollo LM?

You got it part right. I'm referring to the launch vehicle itself.

And RazorX, it was in the 70's and not 80's, you're right. That means I'm older then I thought I was.  :-[

But I still loved that show!  O:O
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 12:52:51 PM by BigJimW »

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2007, 12:50:14 PM »
Its called working in a retail floor covering store where you dotn have people beating your doors down to get in here to buy carpet.   We are busy dont get me wrong. I am in charge of 4 installers and I have them all booked out until the 2nd week of August....but I really do need to get my ass in gear and get the paper work done

BigJimW

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »
Alright, I won't torcher you guys any longer.  ;)

For the first question, they launched the Saturn V moon rocket. But I still won't reveal the answer to the bonus part of the question regarding the blooper.  A sharp eye is needed, but if you know your launch vehicles, you will spot it right off the bat in the intro video.

That is the only hint I will give. :)

The second question has not been answered yet. So I will still give it some more time.   >:D

BALDANDRE

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2007, 01:13:03 PM »

You just have to work at a place so long you can have fun between working...you know "working the system".....

BUT, here we work o.t, don't get paid for it, are salary and have to justify every minute we use during the day....really..we have a check and balance system of about 4 differents areas to log time..

you just have to be real SLY to still get extra curricular stuff done!

;) >:D ;)

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2007, 02:00:32 PM »

You just have to work at a place so long you can have fun between working...you know "working the system".....

BUT, here we work o.t, don't get paid for it, are salary and have to justify every minute we use during the day....really..we have a check and balance system of about 4 differents areas to log time..

I'm being sarcastic ;D As I have gotten more comfortable at the job, I have been on and off throughout the day as well...makes the day go faster O0

BALDANDRE

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »

I'm being sarcastic ;D As I have gotten more comfortable at the job, I have been on and off throughout the day as well...makes the day go faster O0

Damn, didn't mean to sound so serious, especially on a Friday! >:(

Really I just have adult A.D.D. and can't focus on things to long! ;)