Author Topic: Do you guys gets redness for a bit after aftershave?  (Read 1436 times)

Offline cuzzin

• Sly Jr.
Do you guys gets redness for a bit after aftershave?
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:57:03 PM »
Since I've started using ClearHead, I notice that, on some shaves more than others, I get redness on my head that will go away after 10-15 minutes or so under a fan. No razor bumps, just this post-aftershave redness. I get it worse on some days more than others. I never used to get this redness, I don't think, when I would use Nivea Extreme Comfort Post Shave Balm. That also didn't have a stinging sensation, like the ClearHead does (some days worse than others). I'm pretty sure on these "worse" days, the worse stinging coincides with the worse redness. I keep using ClearHead though because I don't get any bumps or dots or anything, so I put up with the momentary pain/redness.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Do you guys gets redness for a bit after aftershave?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
I get that sometimes, too. With me it seems to come from either shaving too quickly or not using hit enough water when I shave. I use the Nivea Extreme Comfort as well but the only time it stings is when I get it into a nick or a scratch.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 05:18:54 PM »
It may be that you are having a reaction to the salicylic acid in Clear Head. It's the active ingredient that dries out zits and ingrown hairs.

Because a common side effect of salicylic acid is irritated skin, you should not apply it to skin that is broken or already irritated - things shaving often does. Do the instructions on the bottle say anything about when not to use it?
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline cuzzin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 01:15:56 AM »
Do the instructions on the bottle say anything about when not to use it?

The bottle doesn't say anything like that. Just "apply a light coat" or something like that. It's not a huge deal, I just think it looks ugly first thing after a shave.