Author Topic: Why oh why didn't I do this earlier?  (Read 2022 times)

Offline pickettwayne

• Sly Guy in Training
Why oh why didn't I do this earlier?
« on: July 17, 2013, 04:35:20 AM »
Well, I kept my promise and when I was on holiday (vacation) I decided to shave my head with a headblade ATX using Head Slick and the Head Matte moisturiser.

I was hesitant before doing it but wow. Once I had shaved. It felt great. I have had a few teething problems with a rash on the back of my head but I'm experimenting with a few things such as my routine etc.

On the headblade ATX. Im still unsure wif I like it or not. It seems a faster way of shaving on the top and the back of the head but when it comes to the sides it seems to take forever.

Ig you're on the fence about doing this. One tip I could give is over time use a head clipper and get the hear shorter and shorter until its that short that all you can use then is the blade. I done it this way and my girlfriend didn't even notice I went sly.

Try it. What you got to lose? If you don't like it within a day it would be growing back again anyway.

While I'm posting here. I'm looking at experimenting with a few things/products. Anyone got recommendations on products or shaving routine that I could try?

Thanks
Wayne

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Why oh why didn't I do this earlier?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 04:54:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing your story and observations.  Welcome to being SLY.  Most of the guys here on SBG really like it too.

Tyler mentioned Pinaud Clubman (after shave). I like the scent. Reminds me of the old fashioned barber shop smell. 

I use witch hazel as the first after shave every day. does not sting. Not much lingering scent. Just feels good (astringent).

I like using a shave bush to work up the lather. Also permits easy re-application if I need more.

Head Slick !  Shave Secret Oil! 

I've not tried the ATX. Just use the Sport. Every Day.

Offline pickettwayne

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:07:06 AM »
Ah yes the brush. Thats one thing I want to try.

I decided to shave every other day but now I have kind of got addicted to having the smooth feeling so contemplating the idea of shaving everyday.

Also, gives more confidence when feeling smooth.

So looking forward to experimenting and using different products. May even try the headblade sport too.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 10:01:52 AM »
Congrats!

What's needed is a t-shirt that sly guys can wear that says "Why didn't I do this sooner?" -- it's such a common refrain.

Fence-sitters take note! It is almost guaranteed that you will feel this way once you do the deed.

Beachtuna

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 02:07:45 PM »
Lose the HeadBlade. IMO either Gillette Mac 3 or Shick XTreme 3 for sensitive (is my 1st choice). Keep the HeadSlick but mix a few drops of Shave Secret in with it. After you scrape the grape reapply a little Shave Secret. Really helps with the bumps and the burn.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 03:53:13 PM »
What's needed is a t-shirt that sly guys can wear that says "Why didn't I do this sooner?" -- it's such a common refrain.

Excellent idea, sir!

I certainly would buy one.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »
I always use witch hazel after a shave and then some aloe vera gel. I also use some headblade glossy lube which I like. I also use head slick for my shaves anda few drops of shavers secret. This keeps the dome nice and moist. Right  after I shave I first always give my head a good rinse in cold water to close up the pores. This seems to help with the bump problems.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 06:16:08 PM »
I nforgot to mention that I always use na shaving brush to apply the lather. It really helps a lot.