Author Topic: Clothes to go with shaved head  (Read 34983 times)

Offline newby08

• Sly Jr.
Clothes to go with shaved head
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:03:28 PM »
Initially when I shaved my head, I got a lot of weird looks because it's a bold style and since I'm Hispanic, people automatically associated shaved head with being in a gang... So I started wearing a lot more preppy clothes to go with my new "hairstyle." I'm liking the new look, which is basically just bright colored shorts/pants, a polo, and sperrys lol. It's getting kinda boring though... Any other outfits that would look good on someone lean, olive complexion, average height (5'11''), and bald?

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: Clothes to go with shaved head
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »
A safe bet is a good pair of dark jeans and a good t-shirt (I like a V-neck). When it comes to clothes for a guy and if you have a limited budget, is to buy less so that you can spend on better quality. I think button down shirts in solids are always a good look too with jeans. They also pair up nicely with shorts. For shoes, in the summer, leather sandals, nice flipflops, or athletic shoe. Personally I like my 'Barefoot' Merrells.  Merrell has come a long way and are no longer just about hiking.  If you are lean, go with a slim fit.  And get a nice watch. I know a lot of guys skip out on watches now because they have a cell phone. But a watch is the best accessory a guy can wear.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:42:51 PM »
Also regarding the stereotype, nothing breaks down a stereotype more than a nice smile and being positive. When you pass someone on the street in the morning.....say 'Good morning!'

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 11:29:43 PM »
Also regarding the stereotype, nothing breaks down a stereotype more than a nice smile and being positive. When you pass someone on the street in the morning.....say 'Good morning!'

Here! Here!

I don't know. What clothes go well with blonde hair? Black hair? Gray Hair? How about a ginger?

Clothes (or a hairstyle) don't make the person. The person makes the person.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 12:17:49 AM »
What about cubavera shirts?  They go well with both khakis, shorts and jeans.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 06:54:46 AM »
Cubavera shirts are cool too.

Just  regular 'guy' clothes like carharrt, leather jackets, Levi's, and anything camouflage.

Offline nyc3712

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 07:21:54 AM »
here is an opinion from a jar head who is trying to get the _____ to shave.  My office people told me I am best dressed guy around.  Wear kackis with black t-shirt and nice dress shirt over it.  Most important is to have your clothes really pressed.  Learned it at West Point. 

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:42:20 AM »
What about cubavera shirts?  They go well with both khakis, shorts and jeans.

Yup. A good look with a shaved head, in my opinion.

benlen

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 10:54:13 AM »
For casual wear as a bald man, try V-neck Tees. V necks look much better than regular collared T-shirts on bald men. Just look at some examples:

Colors such as black and white are classic and go with anything. For more vibrant colors, go based on your eye color and skin tone. If you have issues finding colors that match you, find the nearest woman available. She'll know what to do! Women are generally better educated about things like this.

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 11:48:18 AM »
Honestly, I wear what I like. And in regards to stereotypes, some people need to wake up and realize there is more to life than what is in front of us.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 12:59:52 AM »
Imaginary has it all sewn up. I'll second those thoughts.

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 08:21:42 PM »
In my opinion, nothing goes with a bald head better than Harley -Davidson leathers, lol but then you need a Harley to go with the leathers.
AKA Gimpy

Offline Amaten90

• Learning the way of Sly
Re:
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 04:33:19 AM »
My closet is literally full of nothing but black shirts, two pairs of shorts, two pairs of black jeans, and two pairs of blue jeans.

Boring? Maybe... But, man it's easy to find something to wear!

Offline tartanraven

• Haggis Hunter
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »
KILTS!!
Deus Meus Et Omnia

Offline ScribeGuy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 11:51:39 PM »
A safe bet is a good pair of dark jeans and a good t-shirt (I like a V-neck). When it comes to clothes for a guy and if you have a limited budget, is to buy less so that you can spend on better quality. I think button down shirts in solids are always a good look too with jeans. They also pair up nicely with shorts. For shoes, in the summer, leather sandals, nice flipflops, or athletic shoe. Personally I like my 'Barefoot' Merrells.  Merrell has come a long way and are no longer just about hiking.  If you are lean, go with a slim fit.  And get a nice watch. I know a lot of guys skip out on watches now because they have a cell phone. But a watch is the best accessory a guy can wear.

Completely agree . . . especially where the watch is concerned! I've always thought a watch makes the man.  I wear a Citizen Eco-Drive . . . and when I'm feeling really fancy, I wear a pocket watch.  As for clothes, I go for dark jeans, black Ecco shoes, and dark-colored t-shirts and solid-color button-ups. 

Cheers!