Author Topic: How to tan?  (Read 5010 times)

Offline newby08

• Sly Jr.
How to tan?
« on: July 10, 2013, 06:07:56 PM »
I shaved my head 25 days ago (almost done with the 30 day challenge...). I've decided to not grow it back and just accept being bald. I want to make the best of it though. A few questions...

- How do you tan your head properly? I want it to match with the rest of my skin, but since I have an olive complexion, it's taking too long... Should I go to a tanning salon for this?

- How do I get that "shine" so my head doesn't look like a dirty tennis ball lol?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: How to tan?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »
Take it slow with the tan.  You don't want to risk getting burned.   Wear sunscreen when outdoors and your head will eventually match.

As for shine, sunscreen will usually shine a head up!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Beachtuna

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 07:19:44 PM »
Do a fake bake. Keep initial visits to about 7 minutes for first few visits then bump to 10-12 if not getting burned. Wear a hat outside after each visit so as not to over do it.

Offline jopetot

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 02:06:55 AM »
Tanning is my problem too. I'm asian in a tropical country, so I'm so dark but my shaved head is so white. =) I shaved my head 6 days ago. I'm not totally losing my hair, just a little bit in my forehead but decided to totally shaved it.

I can't find a sunless tan lotion here in my country. So tanning under the sun is only my option. I'm not sure using a tanning bed because I think it's so expensive here.

Is it possible that my head match my skin color tanning under the sun even if I have so many growing hair in my head?

Please advice.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 06:23:33 AM »
Every guy who shaves his head and is not either very bald already or has very fair to white hair will have stubble show no matter how closely you shave or how often. When I first peeled, I was substantially chestnut brown and shaving twice a day it was impossible to get the bald shine I wanted. Time passes, my hair is now white with only a greying patches and I shine up nicely. It's an error to think that shaving one's head produces the "billiard cue ball" effect, it doesn't. And for the tan oriental gentleman, take courage, every man who shaves his head and had hair will go through the dark every where else, white on top phase. Patience and some of the above suggestions will help but time is the best curative; You will tan eventually although during the process you may not think so...Good Luck!