Author Topic: Sugar Scrub  (Read 4068 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Sugar Scrub
« on: August 10, 2013, 04:59:04 AM »
A vendor at our local farmer's market sells sugar scrubs.  They are a mixture of oils, scents and sugar.  Use them as exfoliants.  The sugar provides the grit.  The oil 'treats' the skin and the scent gives a pleasant aroma.

My favorite is Coconut Macaroon. Coconut oil, Sweet almond oil, cinnamon, brown sugar.  Rub it on my head after the shave. Feels great.  Rinse off the sugar.  The oils leave a VERY SMOOTH head and shine.  Man it feels great.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Sugar Scrub
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 05:45:46 AM »
Never heard of sugar scrub, but there seem to be tons of recipes online.  Some with coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, and even baby oil.  Might have to try it out myself!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 06:26:13 AM »
I had never heard of it until this vendor showed up.  One application on my shaved head sold me!  After the sugar scrub at the end of my shave, if any rough spots show up (spots I missed in the shave), I touch up with the razor.  Super smooth.

I'm rubbing my head right now!  Incredible smooth shave.

Mr. Zed

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »
Now wondering if it's sugar that is in headblade headshed? I love that stuff, the smell what is it??
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 03:08:17 PM »
There are several sugar based products that are used for hair removal, easier on the person and the body than wax if not quite as effective, it may takes two tries BUT you won't end up red and teary eyed. How do I know? Oh, well, lets see. Uhm.....a year or two ago I was in New York and having a head and face barber shave. Heaven. He suggested that, with my tatted eagle on my chest I might like the hair removed. Seemed a good idea. While I was having that done I also had a Brazilian wax done. With the sugar based product I referenced. Very satisfactory if not the least embarrassing thing I've ever done...but being old lets you do that sort of thing with a smile on your face and a what the hell attitude that the young might not be able to muster. Would I do it again? Not since I bought my manscaper....