Author Topic: NEW LOOK- it was difficult  (Read 4334 times)

Offline sermad

• Learning the way of Sly
NEW LOOK- it was difficult
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:16:37 PM »
I started to lose my hair when I was 20 years old. By the age of 24 i was almost bald, that was the time when i took worst decision of my life and started to wear a toupee( hair replacement). it looked ok if someone don't notice it too closely. BUT because of this decision i became insecure when meeting new people because they stare at my hair like there is something wrong. i took pictures with such angles that make my hair look somehow natural. i avoided the stay-overs at friends' places. even a little breeze made my confidence vanished because then i had to look for a comb to set my hair again. i avoided mirrors and assume my hair would be at that angle where i left them when going out of the house. In short i was living in fool's paradise for 3 years and that is actually hell. i watched youtube videos of people who chose going bald over balding look. but i thought now it's too late because it's more difficult for me because now i am wearing a toupee and going bald will be more awkward. Also, there would be no going back because for toupee again i must have some side and back hair. i left going out with girls too and gained enormous weight because there was no point in maintaining myself. then slowly i gained courage and talked to my family that i am thinking about going completely bald, they discouraged me, i showed them pictures of bald guys. my sister said to me " if it's inevitable then first lose your weight, fat bald guys don't look good at all" i thought yes i can do this.. i can't grow hair again due to male pattern baldness but i can lose weight, this IS IN MY HANDS. so i started dieting and exercise. I lost 15 kgs in 1.5 months because i had an aim that i have to go bald. After losing weight i go for bald look and i am happy with it. It is toooo much freedom, i just can't explain! and i love my look BUT, (yes again but...) some people still look at me like i am alien.. i live in a country where this look isn't common at all.. or maybe i should avoid what people think and enjoy my own life's freedom. and sorry for any grammatical mistakes .. you know language barriers ;) This is how i look now

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: NEW LOOK- it was difficult
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 01:25:36 PM »
It is a very good look on you.  I know from your words that the change was difficult, but at the same time, good for you.  And congratulations on the weight loss as well.
SlyBeard

Offline sermad

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:39:05 PM »
Thanks Sir! means alot to me :)

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 04:29:19 PM »
An inspiring story of a man who has taken control and not worried, eventually, of what other people think.  You look great and ooze confidence in the photo.  Keep to the 30 day rule if you have not already done so.  And the beard is a bonus.  Congratulations

Roger

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 04:47:34 PM »
You look great! Good job taking your life into your own hands.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Zooman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 09:05:38 AM »
That is a great look for you!  You will find that what other people think about it will matter less and less to you over time.  Welcome and congratulations on losing the weight and going sly!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 09:12:13 AM »
You look great as a bald guy!  Congrats on the change and on losing weight - the latter will do wonders to improve your long-term health.

P.S. - don't worry about grammatical mistakes. Even native English speakers make them!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 11:21:20 PM »
Wow man your story is an inspiration to us all --- and you look GREAT!!!!!!

Offline pastorscott

• It is finished
    • Peruzings
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 08:53:03 PM »
Looks good on you... normal and natural.  Give it some time, until it feels more normal to keep the look than to go back. I also live in a country (Peru) where both baldness - especially totally bald - and beards are super uncommon. I stand out, but in a good way, I think. A lot of how you're viewed will depend on whether you act/feel insecure, or you act/feel like the sly look makes you a little intimidating. Choose "b" and enjoy it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:55:01 PM by pastorscott »
If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?  -1John 3:17