Author Topic: Big and ugly head shape  (Read 21742 times)

Offline tomo888

• Learning the way of Sly
Big and ugly head shape
« on: July 12, 2013, 02:20:41 PM »
You have probably read my post I did some time ago. So basically I'm 17 with MPB and was fed up of people mocking me for losing my hair and so just shaved it off. As soon as it was done, my dad instantly just said that doesn't suit you and now I'm feeling really bad about it. My head is really big and shaped strangely. There's like a large lump bit that sticks out at the top of the back and just looks really ugly. I don't know what to do as I know i will continue balding at a quick rate

Offline tomo888

Re: Big and ugly head shape
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »
Another photo

Offline tomo888

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
Another

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
hi tomo....looks like a head...if you are looking for a perfect shape...good luck....I don't think any of us sly guys have one...heads are like boobs...they come in lots of shapes and sizes....but we love them all the same....as for your dads comment....he's your dad....and thinks its his duty to comment....but its his opinion. ..and we all have one....family are great for sucking the wind out of your sails...im sure he is a great dad...but its just an opinion. ...to me he is just another guy with a narrow minded opinion. ..absolutely no offence intended....but would you put as much emphasis on an opinion from a  stranger?...doubtful....you've taken the hardest step....we have a rule called the 30 day ...er...rule! no one goes back! isn't it better to be bald rather than balding?....best advice I can honestly give you...without malice.....man up! you look fine! stop bitching and get on enjoying the sly look....put on some sunglasses and work that look!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 04:12:14 PM »
Hey, Tomo.

I congratulate you on taking control so early.

Parents are the worst critics sometimes when it comes to changes their kids make in appearance.  Why family seem to hold that males should not change their hairstyle is beyond me.  I shaved mine off at 51, and my mother (in her seventies) thought it was terrible.  She eventually came around.

As Geeman said so well, every head is unique, and yours looks fine. (I do not give out false compliments.)  We are much more sensitive to how we think our respective heads are shaped and look than anyone else ever notices or cares.

Right now, your newly shaved areas are much paler than the rest of your head and face, so they are going to appear bigger and make you perceive that you have a big head.  Get some sun on that noggin during the thirty days and tan it up. It will make a big difference.

And welcome to the board, sir!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:01:24 AM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline jarheadj

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 07:06:57 PM »
Man, it looks great!! Take what your folks say about a haircut with a grain of salt. I remember when I came home from the barber with my first burr haircut back when I was like 13-14, my mom and dad were so ticked that they threatened to sue the barber and really made me ashamed of the haircut and myself for doin such a thing. It wasn't until I went into the Marine Corps at 18 that my grape was ever shaved again. Over my 24 yr career, I kept my head either shaved or with a little "horseshoe" on top. Since I retired last year, I grew it out "just because I could" and now my mom is asking me when I'm gonna "shave the muck" off my head and face!!! :XX Sometime in the next week or so, My son want's a moto High and Tight so we're goin to the barber and I'm just gonna get slicked and bic'd back down to bald. Hair is too much trouble!!!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 08:47:38 PM »
Your head looks fine mate.  I wish I'd had the guts to shave at your age!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 09:00:02 PM »
Like Cave Dweller said, Parents are the worst when we change our appearance.  I was 49 when I shaved, 51 now, and my mother has only recently stopped making negative comments.  She would see a man with MPB and comment about how nice his hair looked.  Parents and family will slowly come around, or at least stop commenting when they realize you are sticking with it.

There is nothing wrong with your head shape.  Almost everyone on this forum had concerns with their head shape when they shaved.  Its all part of the change. 
SlyBeard

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »
Tomo you look great! go for it O0

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 06:01:40 AM »
i think you look great shaved.   Just stay  with it.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 06:49:32 AM »
i think you look great shaved.   Just stay  with it.

Ditto here and keep it for 30 days ... you will like it !

Good luck and keep us in the loop here.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 07:01:40 AM »
People will always be a bit shocked when you first do it. You'll also find it'll take getting used to. Your hairline doesn't actually look that bad, if you feel that uncomfortable, grow it back to a 3 or 4 and wait till your hair disappears more.

There isn't anything wrong with your head shape so if you want to keep the look, you really don't need to worry.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 07:07:52 AM »
Welcome, Tomo! I think it looks good on you. 99% of the time, parents mean well, but as Will Smith said, they just don't (always) understand.....Shaving your thinning mop certainly is minor as opposed to getting a piercing, getting a tattoo....you get the picture. My late grandfather and father, horseshoe and donut hole respectively, said I shouldn't shave my head because there were "too many ways" you can style a balding head and that MPB was a family tradition (NOT)....They got over it and in due time so will your parents. Welcome to the forum and good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline jarheadj

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 11:29:44 PM »
I just have to add this because I think it's funny; As I mentioned earlier that my parents were really upset when I came home with my first buzz cut as a kid, well, I'm freakin 44 yrs old now and as I posted pics of my 3 day old newly sly dome on FB, my mom calls me yesterday going ballistic that I shaved my head again. "Why did you do that?!?!?! I've waited 23 years to see you have hair again!!!!" Luckily she's 2500 miles away but sometimes you just have to smile and shake your head. My wife's fine with it so ya just gotta realize that you can't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time...

Enter your email address: