Author Topic: What to do ?  (Read 3419 times)

Offline cristianofangueiro

• Learning the way of Sly
What to do ?
« on: June 19, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »
Since im going bald and oh well... should i got for the shaved look or stay with what i got ?
would like your opinion here is a photo of me
http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/crisfangueiro/media/rir2_zps1488dfce.jpg.html

for those who think im not going bald just watch the top of my head.
http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/crisfangueiro/media/rir3_zps54b5a7ec.jpg.html

Im 20 years old btw.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: What to do ?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:50:04 PM »
Welcome, Cristian.

A lot of guys on this board went through just what you are feeling.  Do not feel like you are alone here.

My opinion is that you will never know what it is like until you try it, so why not shave it off?  If you decide (after giving it thirty days) that it is not how you want to look, it can grow back before the summer is over.  You will be surprised, however, at how good it feels.

What you have to decide is what YOU want to do.  I think you would look great sly.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:51:43 PM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline cristianofangueiro

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »
personally i would like to try it .
but im only 20 years old and i am afraid that my family and closest friends wont like it.
my parents advice me not to do , and my girlfriend likes it the way it is right now.
i know its just a matter of time but im with alot of doubts right now..
thank you for the reply !

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 02:56:33 PM »
In total agreement with Cave Dweller, do what you want mate. If you go for broke and go sly and then dont like it you can always grow it back out. It may be getting thin on top but you need to do what makes you comfortable and happy.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 03:06:15 PM »
It sounds like you have a great girlfriend, sir.

You CANNOT worry about what other people want for your hair.  What makes you happy will show up in the confidence you give off about yourself.  Once they get past the initial surprise of your shaved head, eveyone else will accept it as who you are IF you are confident in it.

And again, if you decide you don't like it, you can grow it back.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 05:05:53 PM »
Welcome, Cristian.

A shaved head would be a refreshing update.  You'll look good.

Please note the 30 day rule, elsewhere on this site.  It gives family, friends and self some time to adjust to the new look.  If a complete and immediate shave seems like too much of a shock, then get the clippers out and buzz to #4 and then progressively shorter and shorter, until a final glide with the razor gives your that delightful smooth feel of a bald head. The switch from buzz-no-guard to shaved is minimal.

That's what I did.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 06:22:24 PM »
Hi Cristiano:  Welcome to the sly fraternity.  Any time one thinks about shaving one's head than that person will never be satisfied until it's done.

It is all about you.  It is your decision not your parents, family, friends, or girlfriend.  I say go for it.  I can guarantee that you will like it.  Matter of fact ... you might love it. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline stevef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 07:28:23 PM »
hey man... im new here too and the guys here encouraged me to take the plunge and they were right, the itch wont go till its done.. ive not gone sly yet but went no guard. i suggest you get the clippers out and go no guard. will look great with the beard look.

keep us posted and get a pic.

go on, you will never know... no one was more worried then me but what everyone says is correct.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »
To both Cristian and Steve,

It's just a short step from buzzed no guard and shaved bald.  Get used to the look of no guard, and you're essentiallly used to the look of bald. The only difference is the feel.  Bald feels better. Nice and smooth. Very satisfying.

Agreed, the itch to shave your head won't go away. You've got this far, it's going to happen. And then you'll say, "I should have done it sooner".   :)

Offline jdcsky

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 08:48:07 PM »
I would also suggest going sly. It will give you a chance to experience life from a different perspective. Bald men by choice are more confident. You too could walk with more confidence. The best thing about going sly is you can always go back to where you are now, although I suspect you won't.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 10:26:31 PM »
Welcome, Cris! Some people go sly right away, others take gradual steps....Maybe you could try a short buzz for a while so you and everyone else can get used to you with less hair.....If you like the buzz, you could always go sly later....or like the others said, you can do it now, take the 30-day challenge and then decide if sly is a long-term look for you. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 05:46:58 AM »
buzz close and then one day go all the way - you will like -that is what is important

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 07:22:49 AM »
Welcome to SBG !

I'll chime in also that you should buzz it shorter, shorter and get used and then try the razor smooth 30 sly trial.  If you don't like it, then go back to where you were.  Do you always like what your g/f or family always wears ?  Good Luck !

Offline Ihor

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 07:05:30 AM »
Ola, Cristiano! My opinion won't be different from what other guys suggest here: do what you personally want but why not try a sly look? Anyway, hair will grow back unless you like it shaved. Moreover, a no hair style is very popular judging by the number of guys who are sporting it (including me :-) )

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »
Cristian don't worry bud you can always shave it! There is nothing to it, I'm younger that you and I shave my head for the fun of it sometimes. I know it's hard to do the actually deed but it's very well worth it! When I was 14 I really wanted to shave my head and I got my buddy to make this video for me to overcome the fear of shaving it and I did it! You may want to watch this http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=16822.msg260368#msg260368 and the other video he made on how to shave your head....it's the perfect beginner's video of head shaving! http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=16803.msg260346#msg260346 Hope I helped you bud, feel free to leave a reply if you have any questions! YOU CAN DO IT! O0
-Derris The Barber