Author Topic: Formerly sly  (Read 1177 times)

Offline gamechanger

• Learning the way of Sly
Formerly sly
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:00:07 AM »
Turned 63 on May 13th and the last time I went sly was about maybe five or six years ago.  My life was in a rut and those are the times that I do something radical to shake things up.  After about seven months, let my hair grow out.  Why?  Don't remember.  So, again, find my life stuck and my wheels spinning in the mud, so thinking about returning to the sly look.   I know it won't make everything right, bright and good but it is the most personal statement a man or woman can make.  And it will, at the least, upset my wife, which it did the last time.  For me, that's a good thing.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Formerly sly
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
Go for it! And enjoy!
Hair is over rated.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »
And it will, at the least, upset my wife, which it did the last time.  For me, that's a good thing.

Whoa!  That is one statement I am not going to go near, Gamechanger, except to say that I truly am sorry you are in that situation.

But, like Hingatao, I am of the opinion that you need to do whatever is going to make YOU feel better.  After all, it is only hair that can and will grow back.  If you want to go Sly, then I say you should do it.  It is YOUR head.

And welcome!
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline gamechanger

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »
Thanks guys.  It's like my wife & I are locked into psychological warfare.  She's not thrilled with my goatee, either.  She does something to tick me off, I do something to tick her off.  Ain't love grand.

Offline jdcsky

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »
I agree with one point. If it will make you feel better, then go sly. We all need to feel good about ourselves.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 10:13:25 PM »
Welcome, gamechanger! There's nothing wrong with going sly, and I can somewhat understand your pain...(I was in the process of my second divorce when I joined, and this forum was very therapeutic for me). But if you want to go sly, do it because it's something that makes you feel good, not because it's something to spite your wife....Things that we enjoy become less enjoyable when we do them for reasons than our own satisfaction......Enjoy the forum, participate often and keep your head up!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Enter your email address: